Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Been Gone for 2 years... Help Please!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Been Gone for 2 years... Help Please!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valid8r
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Been Gone for 2 years... Help Please! Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I've been off this forum for a couple of years. I have an old version of Copilot (I think it's version 4) that I used to use heavily in Western Europe and the US with my PocketPC. I need to go back to using the system and want to upgrade. I used to like the fact that Copilot was the only vendor with a single map database for all of Europe (I could store all the maps on a 1Gb CF card) and never had to deal with limitations of other systems like TT in which you had to reload the maps each time you crossed a country border.

Now however I'm faced with the upgrade challenge... Copilot's new version or TT. Has TT changed? Do they now support all European countries with one map? When I emailed ALK about the new version of Copilot and their European maps, they apologized and said that the new software was not compatible with older maps. I don't mind buying new maps, but it sounds like they don't have the new ones released yet, so I can't figure out if the new release works with any specific European maps.

So, I guess my question is this. If you were going to upgrade your software, would you switch to TT or stick with CP?

Thanks for any thoughts and/or advice.

Jon
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still wanted to use your PocketPC, you could use the new CP6 (some people already have it), Navman SmartST2005 (Navman have also always had seamless cross-border navigation) or Garmin Que, for which you might need a Garmin GPS. Garmin tie their software to their own GPS but I have read somewhere that an app. is available to make the software 'think' it's talking to a Garmin.

If you want to update everything, a TomTom GO700 has all the European maps on it and allows full cross-border routing, I think. I'm not sure if there is room on it for the full US maps, though. You can pair it wit

Another consideration here might by the new Navman iCN550 which you can also get with a TMC module. This also has the European maps stored internally, and with a 4GB storage space, does have enough for the full US maps, too.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: