Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman iCN520 POI problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman iCN520 POI problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Navman iCN520 POI problems Reply with quote

I am experiencing problems with uploading data files to my POI on an iCN 520 using SmartST. I have found that I can import up to 16 POI's successfully but if I add just one more, my POI data become currupted. This becomes apparent when I look under the Alerts Preferences - Active POI's menu where some of the active POI's become deactivated and the associated tick boxs under the POI activation settings are greyed out. If I return to 16 POI's everything works fine again. It is my understanding from the manual that up to 25 POI's can be uploaded to the icn520. Has anybody else experienced similar difficulties and if so is there a solution to the problem?
MadFrankie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a scan through the old posts...

Or click here

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=28959
dizzytiger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - I noticed this on SmartST v3 on my iCN 510.

I've just upgraded to SmartST 2005 hoping it would be fixed, but it has not! Therefore, I've e-mailed Navman tech support to have a moan about it.

I suggest that everyone who has a Navman iCN actively reports this problem as I have, then the problem might just get fixed in the first service pack for SmartST 2005.

Click here: http://tinyurl.com/7e97k then click the 'Send us an e-mail' option in the grey box on the right.

PS: Here's how I worded the problem in the e-mail I sent to Navman (hope someone else can put it better!):
If you add more than 16 POI files of your own to the iCN, they upload OK, but the visual and sound alerts do not work on the 17th file upwards. If you then try to manually activate the alerts from the ‘Safety Alerts’ / ‘My POI’ menu on the iCN510, this appears to update OK. However, if you then go back into this menu, you can see that the settings have not been saved. To put it another way, the first 16 My POI files which are uploaded work fine, but then anymore which are added beyond that, have this problem.
Jabbers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only 6 active POI's and non give out any warnings I havent really learnt how to use my Navman 510 yet? could anyone tell me how to make them beep! they all have their box ticked in the allert settings they seem to be stored on the memory card? the user manual is very vague.
PAD
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already emailed Navman UK several times regarding this POI problem but have not received a satisfactory response. In fact, the technical replies I have had from Navman UK have been complete and utter nonsense and patronising in the extreme. Does anybody have the email address of Navman New Zealand because I think the parent company ought to know about this problem and about the poor customer support offered in the UK.
dizzytiger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed - I don't think I've had a satisfactory response from them ONCE. I've been so unimpressed by their responses, that when I come to needing new maps etc, I'll probably end up going for a Garmin or TomTom unit instead.

Anyway, PAD - try this link: http://www.navman.com/corp/companies.html the bottom 'grid' has contact details for a New Zealand office. I imagine that's the one you're after?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: