Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Effective Re-Routing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Effective Re-Routing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbie2gps
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Effective Re-Routing Reply with quote

last week I was on a long journey, part of it for my sins involved travelling along the M6 from J1 to J26.... en route the TTG300 I have gave a single instruction really, along the M6 for xx miles....

En route i did a traffic master call on 1740 as the M6 is bad where i live, it told me there was 15 miles tailback between J19 and J25, which obviously I wanted to avoid.

I instantly did a find alternative route, which took me some horrible route that I didnt really want to take, my ideal would have been to come off at J18 (immediately before the accident) and go 'off-road' to loop round it and get home....

However there was no easy way to do this, ideally what i'd have liked to see is in the route plan, a section for each Junction/segment of the motorway (though on a long route this can get unwieldy) so I could simply pre-plan to skip J19-25, and then TTG find me the best route using as much motorway as possible....

is there a better way of doing this than i found? eventually i came off at 17, went off road for a while, found my recalculated route there was a road closed, so had to detour again

it was good fun, but i dont wanna do that too often - the simpler the better for me!
Unplugged
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you not just replot a route to your destination using the "Avoid Motorways" option?

Other than that find alternative and travel via an A Road that runs close by the motorway or use the browse map and set waypoints option to plan you route directly. You can then save it to reload if you find yourself going there again.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you not have used Find Alternative | Avoid Roadblock | 3 Miles just before you reached J18 or J19 and then as it started to bring you back to the M6, presumably at J20, do it again.

There is also in Find Alternative, Avoid part of Route and select the M6. This would normally be the portion from 1 instruction to the next. I've never tried it while actually on the road where I want to avoid part of it ahead. But it might be worth a try.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: