Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hi-303iii and iPAQ hx2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi-303iii and iPAQ hx2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beninthewoods
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Hi-303iii and iPAQ hx2210 Reply with quote

I have used an older haicom GPS and ipaq at work for a few months with no trouble.

But having bought myself one, i am having problems setting the above GPS/PDA combination up.

The haicomTEST.exe has loaded onto the PDA and i have selected the correct baud rate, but when i try to connect (cold start or not).....nothing, not a trace of a signal.

The GPS L.E.D flashes for hours on the window frame, presumably looking for a signal

Am i missing a trick?

cheers

Ben

(very close to putting an axe through them)
beninthewoods
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: still no success... Reply with quote

After hours and hours of trying still no success in getting a fix on a location. I've tried the GPS in another PDA with GPS software that works and still no response, even though another haicom GPS (303) works fine.

The card in being picked up as a generic compact flash in COM4, but there GPS data is not recognised.

Is there any need to change COM ports and if so how is this done manually?

Are GPS receivers are is set for different world regions? have i just got a duff one, or one from a different region?

help please!

cheers

ben
RobBC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't be in COM 4 should it, it should be CF_CARD GE.
beninthewoods
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: receiver gone back to vendor, is Haicom CF the way to go? Reply with quote

After tearing my hair out trying to get it going the unit has gone back to the vendor to be replaced - Assuming it was the receiver and not the PDA.

Out of interest is a COM port change is possible on a PDA (my vendor has the same GPS/PDA combination using COM7)?

What about the reliability of Haicom vs other manufacturers? and the merits of CF over Bluetooth recievers in terms of battery drain etc...

With this problem I am rethinking the optimum kit for all day surveying ou in the woods.

cheers

ben
beninthewoods
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: 303iii faulty CF connection Reply with quote

GPS replaced by supplier and the new one works fine (good service from ebay supplier - Vita).

The faulty one would work using the mouse connection but the CF connection was faulty.

hope that this helps if anyone else has a similar problem.
oly2b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 303III from Vita Systems on Ebay and I am having similar problems with CF mode.
My unit has worked a few times, no ryme or reason when its does start or not.

Tried emailing Vita no response - how did you contact them

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: