Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XDA IIs or XDA II Exec for TT5 and GPS ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XDA IIs or XDA II Exec for TT5 and GPS ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsvideo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: XDA IIs or XDA II Exec for TT5 and GPS ? Reply with quote

I'm on the cusp on making a decision on whether to get the XDAiis or the XDAii EXEC for use with Tom Tom Navigator 5, and wondered what you thought?

I used to use TomTom3 with an older PDA and worked fine except had to ditch Bluetooth connections and used a CF GPS card instead, as every time the PDA switched off and lost the BT link i had to do a reset, and re-pair PDA & BT GPS dongle each time which was a right royal pain. So i got a CF card and all was well.

NOW I want to go down the XDA phone/pda route and need to decide if Bluetooth/TomTom5/XDAiiS will work well? or if i should go for the XDA EXEC route instead??

Tomtoms website does state TT5 wont work on XDA EXEC and other Microsoft mobile 5 devices, and i have seen the workarounds but do they work well? is TT5 fully functional and will it work with the TT BT receiver? I'll probably just get the TT WIRED receiver anyway so that i can make voice calls with BT headset while GPS'ing Smile [i assume the TT wired receiver will fit into the XDA exec?]

So is the EXEC the way to go, or is it going to me more painless to go with XDAiiS??? (despite the older technology)

Thanks in advance!

Steve
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The XDA range is nice because of the built in phone functionallity which is ideal for the traffic services.

In terms of which model this is difficult, do you need a keyboard, if not I'd go for the XDA IIi instead of the IIs, faster processor and there's been reports of problems with the keyboard on the IIs.

I've recently upgraded my XDA IIi to the Exec, and I'm not sure if its as good or I like it? The Exec technically is fantastic, but is a little bulky, and the OS sluggish....

Final question, do you need it now ? If not wait for the new XDA Mini S which is the same as the Orange SPV M600, both are rebranded HTC Wizard devices see link below. Smaller than the XDA IIi, includes keyboard, WiFi, phone and runs the new Windows 2005 Mobile. The only thing it does not have is a VGA screen. This is the new & improved XDA Mini....

Hope this helps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewforum.php?f=35&sid=1e63888e89b9c59a2241ba33a322ebfb

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: