Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - advice on tomtom updates/upgrades
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

advice on tomtom updates/upgrades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt_hs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: advice on tomtom updates/upgrades Reply with quote

just bought a ipaq h2210 with tomtom3 on it and have a couple of questions.

firstly how can i ensure its running the latest version of version 3? i cant find a version code anywhere? how do i go about updating if needs be?

what add ons would be beneficial to get such as tomtom traffic etc, again how do i go about obtaining these.

how do i go about upgrading to tomtom5? is it a case of purchasing a whole new product and cds etc or can i upgrade via the tomtom site?

just been out around town and had a quick play with the routeplanner and navigate home functions and found it crashed a couple of times, both times it was on a sharp right hand bend , is this coincidence or did the sudden change of direction crash it?

i appriciate some of these questions could be answered be sourcing the info on the net but im sure for someone in the know it will take seconds to answer.

thanks in advance
Matt
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt_hs,

Matt_hs wrote:
just bought a ipaq h2210 with tomtom3 on it and have a couple of questions.

Is it a legitimate copy of TomTom Navigator 3, with the CD in a box together with the product code?

Matt_hs wrote:
firstly how can i ensure its running the latest version of version 3? i cant find a version code anywhere? how do i go about updating if needs be?

Start TomTom Navigator 3, go into Map section (tap white down arrow in top left hand corner and select map). File | About will give you the version. The latest is either 3.07 or 3.07T (the T refers to TomTom Traffic).

Matt_hs wrote:
what add ons would be beneficial to get such as tomtom traffic etc, again how do i go about obtaining these.

If you want TomTom Traffic, then you need to set up an account on the TomTom website, download the 3.07T update, and purchase the service.
Additional add ons would definitely include our (PocketGPSWorld) camera database together with a POI Detector such as CheckPOInt.

Matt_hs wrote:
how do i go about upgrading to tomtom5? is it a case of purchasing a whole new product and cds etc or can i upgrade via the tomtom site?

You can purchase a whole new product, but the cheaper option is to upgrade via the TomTom website for only €68.95 (including post and packing) which gives you TomTom Navigator 5 for your country and also Maps of Western Europe for free. A good offer.

By the way, have you got a legitimate copy of TomTom Navigator 3 with a product code that has not already been used to upgrade to TomTom Navigator 5? If the product code that has already been used to upgrade to TomTom Navigator 5 then you won’t be able to do that.

Matt_hs wrote:
just been out around town and had a quick play with the routeplanner and navigate home functions and found it crashed a couple of times, both times it was on a sharp right hand bend , is this coincidence or did the sudden change of direction crash it?

It sounds like a coincidence, as a sudden change of direction will not cause it to crash.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Matt_hs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks robert, extremely helpful.
its a legitimate copy of tom tom 3, ive got the original cd and product code etc, it was bought from a friend who barely used it.

any idea on the tomtom crashing? the whole pda doesnt crash the tom tom screen just freezes, it allows me to go through the tomtom menus and exit application, i then open tomtom again and it starts fine.

its really irritating having to do this mid route. would it be an idea to reformat the pda and reinstall tomtom and pocket pc?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: