Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MDA Compact.TomTom5.Pocket PC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MDA Compact.TomTom5.Pocket PC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMIM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: MDA Compact.TomTom5.Pocket PC Reply with quote

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=29065
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you unchecked the receive all beams, from the IRdA check box in settings/ connections as this will locking out the port - mike
RMIM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Have you unchecked the receive all beams, from the IRdA check box in settings/ connections as this will locking out the port - mike

Thanks for the reply mike. I'm not having much luck. No one out there seems to know how to fix this.

Yes all beams are off (IR and Bluetooth)
I emailed RIKALINE_SUPPORT@rikaline.co.uk and they said:

"Your machine works with bluetooth only."

I find that hard to believe. If others with PPC 2003 can have wired gps why cant I?

Lets forget about specific models. Lets say you have a pocket pc that has mini USB and you have a wired GPS that has been converted to have mini USB. What would you need to do to get the 2 units to talk?

Do you need drivers? Do you need a special tool to configure the 2?
(When you push a USB in the back of a full sized computer something happens automatically - screen pops up and it trys to install. Nothing like that happens on my pocket pc with mini USB).

I was wondering could it be the lead I bought? It does not have a cigarette lighter to power anything up. Maybe my pocket pc cant power it up? But the lead I bought (which is just a PS/2 to mini usb) was bought from a site which said convert your rikaline ps/2 to usb mini for use with pda!

I would be grateful for any help. Thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PDA will not supply power to the GPS unit, but that is not the end of the problem, you will need a bluetooth unit to work with this PDA, There is something about this issue on the site from some time ago but I can't find it. The lead you have got is for plugging the GPS into a computer, which can supply the 5V required to power the GPS unit - Mike
RMIM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The PDA will not supply power to the GPS unit, but that is not the end of the problem, you will need a bluetooth unit to work with this PDA, There is something about this issue on the site from some time ago but I can't find it. The lead you have got is for plugging the GPS into a computer, which can supply the 5V required to power the GPS unit - Mike

Well Im very confused now as on the Rikaline site there seems to be a cable specifically made for my PDA. GPS Cable for Mini USB PDA A-6032 Smart GPS Cable.

It says its for the Q-Tek S1000. But I thought my MDA Compact was the same thing.

And someone from ebay who sells cables tells me
"Its not that there isnt a cable, its that your PDA wont work, its not wired up
inside to do it."

?? lost.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: