Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Global Positioning Systems - please read
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Global Positioning Systems - please read

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Global Positioning Systems - please read Reply with quote

I have very recently purchased a Garmin C320 from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk to mainly to use on a trip through France. I placed this order on Tuesday 30th August after a long call with one of their sales advisors. I stated that I had already planned a specific route through France and needed to have the ability of programming it into whatever device I eventually purchased. He was very helpful and polite and recommend the Garmin. I was so impressed that I ordered it there and then. This promptly arrived the next day (31/8 - great service). After using the unit it soon became clear that it does not support the functions that I discussed with the sales advisor that I needed it to do.

I contacted Garmin directly on Thursday 1st September to seek their advice. They informed that the C320 did not support advanced features such as itinerary planning and that as such it would not perform the job I needed it to do. I immediately contacted GPS and was told that I would need to send an e-mail to their technical support to receive the assistance I required. I did this late Thursday afternoon. I have not had a reply.

Feeling rather frustrated at the lack of assistance yesterday I searched these Forums to see what else I could do. Subsequently I found two e-mail addresses for employess of GPS.
Rather than immediately post my problems and experiences on this forum straight away I thought it would be more reasonable to send a e-mail directly to the two employees of GPS, that way I thought it would give the company an opportunity to sort things out for me.
This e-mail was clear, concise and polite. I even suggested that I would willing to pay the difference and purchase a Tom Tom G0 700 (which seems to be able to fit my criteria better). I included in my e-mail my home and mobile telephone numbers and invited GPS to call me.

It is now Monday afternoon I still have not heard from GPS.

I am very unhappy and feel totally abandoned by them.

Their lack of after sales support is simply astonishing in this day and age.

If anyone has any suggestions what to do next then these would be gratefully received.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you emailed there personal accounts then they may not have been checked there mail yet or maybe on holiday yes i could happen to expect the answers you want out of hours ie weekends first thing monday morning afternoon is pushing it a bit if youve heard nothing by tomorrow afternoon contact the company concerned directly by phone and disscuss the issue you have

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Dalla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alix776,

Thankyou for your reply. I understand the risk of sending an e-mail to their personal accounts. To reduce that risk was the reason I sent it to both individuals. I rang twice on Friday 2nd Sept to be told on both occasions that there was nothing that could be done and that I needed to wait for a response to the e-mail I sent on Thursday 1st Sept.

I'm not enjoying airing my problems on a public forum it's just I'm desperate to get someone from globalpositioningsystems.co.uk to get involved and sort out this situation.
Lycan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you contact me directly I can definitely sort this issue out for you. My contact details are duncan.houston@yoonoo.co.uk.

While we do aim to respond to all queries inside of 24 hours, sometimes we get, 'snowed under', Bank Holidays usually cause this...

I would recommend either the TomTom GO 700 or 500 for your itinerary needs; maybe you would be interested in one of these units?
Dalla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update...

I have had contact from GPS through Duncan. He has been prompt at answering e-mails and asked me to return the unit to them. I did this immediately taking it directly to my local major sorting office. It was sent using Royal Mail Special Delivery. The RM website states it was delivered at 0937hrs on 6/9.

So far, I've since not heard anything further from them (?) but atleast I feel that I am making progress in the right direction.
Dalla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late yesterday afternoon I recieved e-mails from GPS. These confirmed the refund of my original order and the new I item I requested (TTG700).

The 700 arrived midday today and is now charging up. I have had a quick glance at the manual and can already see that it performs the itinerary functions I need which is great.

In summary my experience of GPS.co.uk has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. It seems to me that orders are dealt with very efficiently and are promplty delivered the day after order. However once a problem had arisen and I had contacted them I didn't get a response until I had posted here. Once that was done and I'd got Daniel on the case and felt a lot happier. I followed their returns procedure and everything in relation to this went smoothly.

It seems to me that they're so busy/short staffed at the moment that e-mails don't get answered as quick as they should. I certainly had a couple of days go by where I thought I was being ignored. A simple e-mail saying words to the effect of 'we know you've got a problem but were bloody busy so bare with us and we'll get to you' would of made a huge difference.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: