Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Incorrect spped camera locations on A557 Weston Point Ex?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Incorrect spped camera locations on A557 Weston Point Ex?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spawn_e_git
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Incorrect spped camera locations on A557 Weston Point Ex? Reply with quote

Hi.

First post. Sorry if it's in the wrong place Embarassed

I've had my TTGo for a while now and I have used the speed camera database from this site and up until now found it spot-on. Hopefully in the future I will gain enough knowledge to help keep this database updated.

However at the moment I'm a complete numpty when it comes to this.

Anyway, to my point.

I was travelling from the M56 in Cheshire to Liverpool airport yesterday and along the A557 Weston point Expressway, there are two speed cameras just after the bridge after a big roundabout (going to the Airport). My TTG alerts me to the one on the other side of the dual carriageway but not the one that I actually pass on the way. It's the same coming back. It alerts me to the one that it ignored on the way there.

Is it something incorect in the database or is my TTG not set correctly.

I should be going back that way Monday so if anyone needs me to get more info, please let me know and I;ll try my best.

Thanks.
DeeSee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spawn-e

What you are experiencing is that the camera has not been notified to the PocketGPS camera team so is not in the database.

Before you travel create a new POI group called Temp (I will come back to this later)

The next time you are passing on the road in the correct direction, before you get there go to Add POI, POI Category "Temp". Then select GPS position as you pass the camera. Default through the title and memorise the speed.

When you get home, hook up your TT to your PC and pick up the "Temp" OV" file.

Email this to Cameras@PocketGPSWorld.com

with details of type of camera (Gatso/Mobile/SPecs) and speed.

This will do for that instance.

For future use you should pick up Quickam from Scaredycat -

http://www.automated.it/ttg-apps.html

Read this thread about installation -

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=25039&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It adds a POI group called MyCameras and saves your current position with two touches of the screen ( You then send this to the camera team every month - Don't forget to clear it out when they have been entered into the main database).

It will enable you to add cameras very easily as you drive past.

You may also find it useful to change the colour of the BMP to red so that you can distinguish your entries from others.
spawn_e_git
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dee.

I'll do this Monday

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: