Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What do I need on my TomTom?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What do I need on my TomTom?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: What do I need on my TomTom? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, been surfing the internet, looking at sat nav, and found your web site, great site by the way,I'm almost certain I want a TomTom GO 300, Don't get many e-mails, only junk mail, don't want an MP3 player, or write a letter in a car park somewhere, just want to find my way around the UK, without getting lost, so Halfords, for a TomTom GO 300 sounds about right for me, £369, but first, I would like to ask a few questions:-

1. Has the TT GO got the post code softeare on it, I thought I read on here about people downloading it from this site, is your softwear better, or is this the PDA people downloading it?

2. I would like to download the speed camera softwear, what programs do I need to download to get ALL the camera's. I found the thread about downloading it?

3. Did I see a PIO for places of interest, zoo's, parks,castles, etc, or have I got that wrong, where do I get that from?

4.Is there anythin else I need, like different voices etc, as I don't know what I want/need?

5. Finally, when I have finished downloading everything, will the standard card be big enough to hold everything, updates etc?

Thanks in advance for any help. Question
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. All new TomTom's have Full Postcode Navigation.

2. The only program you will need is a program to unzip the download file, ie Winzip.

3. There is a page here where you can download POI's, and lots more on the Web.

4. Voices are a personal thing. If you like what comes with the TT, you don't need anything extra.

5. The standard SD card that comes with the 300 is nearly full, but if you only have 1 voice, for directions, and remove any others there should be enough room for a few POI's.

Note that you will need about 2MB memory free on the SD card for TT to use during Navigation.

Warning. As soon as you can, Fully Backup the SD card to your PC as you cannot reload everything from the supplied CD.

With the cost of SD cards so cheap now, I would get a 256MB to use and keep the 128 safe. Just in case. If you will want to have other maps, Europe perhaps, go for the biggest you can afford.

Happy GOing.[/b]

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: