Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - In car charger question?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

In car charger question?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benty666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: In car charger question? Reply with quote

Hi

I know 'll probably get shouted at for this question but im not very good with cars.

I own a Medion PNA 175 and I recently had a cigarette lighter fitted in my car, which I know for a fact works.

The problem im having is that when I use my medion in car charger, it does not respond, has anyone else had this problem? Im pretty sure that Im putting it in the right way but any help at all would be apreciated.

Thanks

Chris
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just had a cig lighter socket fitted, is that a second one or is it an OLD car? Thought all cars had cig lighters these day (or has the PC brigade got that stopped now).

Try the lead in another car, if it works then your socket is faulty, if not then it ma be the lead (or even the pda).
Donald
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: In car charger question? Reply with quote

Benty666 wrote:
Hi

I know 'll probably get shouted at for this question but im not very good with cars.

I own a Medion PNA 175 and I recently had a cigarette lighter fitted in my car, which I know for a fact works.

The problem im having is that when I use my medion in car charger, it does not respond, has anyone else had this problem? Im pretty sure that Im putting it in the right way but any help at all would be apreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Greetings Chris

You say that you know that the ciggy lighter works. Taking that as a fact, then 3 thinks spring to mind:

1) If it is a retro fit, it is possible that the connections have been reversed. The centre pin should go to the (+) positive and the outer connections must go to (-) Negative.

2) Assuming that the wiring IS correct, are the connections 'clean' or has the ciggy lighter been used for lighting ciggies (yuk!)

3) Is the addaptor plug a nice tight fit - a loose connection is unrealiable...

I suggect that you also try the care adaptor in another car. That will tell you if the fault/problem is with the car or with the adaptor.

regards
Benty666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot, I will try it in another car.

I did use a tyre pump in my cig lighter the other day, so it must be a faulty wire, but I will use it someone else's car just to confirm it.

Thanks

Chris
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiveLifeGoJump wrote:
Thought all cars had cig lighters these day (or has the PC brigade got that stopped now).

They do. Some cars (Focus is one example) have one in the front and one in the back for passenger use! But they don't call them cig lighter sockets any more, they are usually referred to as a 'power outlet' or similar. When I got my car last year I the actual lighter part of the cig lighter was a £15 option.
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHewitt wrote:

They do. Some cars (Focus is one example) have one in the front and one in the back for passenger use!

Must be to power the portable DVD player you bought with the savings :D that stops the kids from asking 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are......).
Benty666
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its ok, its sorted now.

The dumb who installed it connected the live wire to the earth connector and it was blowing all of my fuses.

An auot-electriacin told me, so im going back to the guy who installed it and kicking off and that I want reimbursing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: