Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom go 300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom go 300
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keenster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: tomtom go 300 Reply with quote

hi im new here and have only just sussed how to update the tomtom of their web site since ive had it since october 2004!
im after getting the safety camera poi on there and have downloaded a file with 7 folders and 4 text folders in it is this the right one i read that you have to copy and paste the bmp and ov2 but they are in one folder on their own and also in some of the other folders
can anyone help me please its driving me wild!
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the Sticky on how to install the camera database?

If not, do so, and come back with questions on anything you don't understand.

Are you sure you've got a 300? I don't think they were around in 2004 - it's amost certainly a Classic.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
keenster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been to this page but i clicked DOWNLOAD DATABASE at the top as i couldnt see and TTG links?
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php
keenster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can i tell what tomtom it is then im pretty sure the box says 300 it looks like my friends 700 if thats any help yeh i read the instructions before i asked the question but cant shed any light on what to download
keenster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any more help welcomed
basically there is bmp and cv2 files in each folder as well as the bmp cv2 folder
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keenster wrote:
been to this page but i clicked DOWNLOAD DATABASE at the top as i couldnt see and TTG links?
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php

If you scroll down the page you cited, you will see that it says:

# TomTom GO

* Copy the OV2 and BMP files to your Storage Card into the Country Directory (e.g. \Great Britain) and enable them in the POI screen.

Have you done that?

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi keenster,

There are some guides that should be read (in the following order):

Arrow The beginner’s guide to the PocketGPSWorld camera database.
This explains about the different camera types and about categories and subcategories, so that you can decide how you want the database on your unit.

Depending on whether you have TomTom Navigator on a Pocket PC or TomTom GO, please read either:

Arrow How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5.
This guide explains how to load the PocketGPSWorld camera database onto a Pocket PC running TomTom Navigator 5.

Arrow How to install (camera database) POIs onto a TomTom GO.
This guide explains how to load the PocketGPSWorld camera database onto your TomTom GO.

The above guides may look lengthy and complicated when first seen. However if you grab a cup of coffee and read each one thoroughly then they should make sense as they have been written in a step-by-step way, for ease of reading.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keenster wrote:
how can i tell what tomtom it is then im pretty sure the box says 300 it looks like my friends 700 if thats any help yeh i read the instructions before i asked the question but cant shed any light on what to download

Have a look at the thread http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=26461

That should give some clues on identifying what model you have. But it can't be a 300 if you had it last October!

keenster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent done it yet because what ive done is read that then downloaded the file on the top right of that page and unzipped it to desktop but what im asking is in that file there is the following

Alternative bmp files
ov2 bmp files
speed zoned
xls files
csv files
single file version
wav files
licence text doc
version 3.074 text document
read me text doc
what version do i need text document
keenster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

checked out that link and it appears i have exactly the same as that person i bought what i thought was a 300 and its a classic does this mean im not able to have speed cameras put on it now
?
keenster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right ive put them onto the tomtom now and enabled them in poi but theyre not showing when i browse the maps any help?
michaelh85
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst browsing the map, touch "POI" (bottom right of screen) and ask it to display all of the files which you have downloaded. This should then display the cameras on the map as you browse (although if you are zoomed quite far out, not all cameras will be shown - zoom in closer to see more)
keenster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spot on michael couldnt of given a more accurate description cheers mate and cheers everyone else who helped
a few other questions
how accurate are the mobile sites that are displayed does it mean they are there or does it mean the regularly frequent there?
also i just chose the standard warning tones to warn me but there is some others you can have isnt there?
also if i want to see if theres any extra cameras do i just update by doing what i done today to install it?
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keenster wrote:
checked out that link and it appears i have exactly the same as that person i bought what i thought was a 300 and its a classic does this mean im not able to have speed cameras put on it now
?

Except that if you bought it last October, you ain't going to have a box which says 300 - 'cos the 300 wasn't available then!

As I think you've subsequently discovered, you can have cameras on the Classic perfectly happily. In many ways, the Classic is a better device than the 300 since it has ASN, a mains charger, and a CD contaning the software and maps - including Major Roads of Europe - none of which the 300 has. The only thing the Classic hasn't got is bluetooth - but that's no big deal unless you need real-time traffic information via a mobile phone.

keenster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent got the box here must be imagining it bluetooth isnt much use to me either way so im happy with it and touch wood its worked really well and got me around the coutry faultlessly apart from the odd new roads which im hoping with be covered now i updated it 2 days ago?
can you explain what the ASN does im always playing with it but cant seem to see anything happen
sorry if im hassling you im no tech head

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: