Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - wav files
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

wav files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireblademan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: wav files Reply with quote

I own a navigator 5 to work with a PDA. The files on this site to warn when in a 30 mph to 60 mph speed zone are in wav file. Wher do i copy these too on my sd card so that i can have the voices warn me of the speed limits? Thank You.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT5 doesn't use wav files, unless you use CheckPOInt 5.

If you want to use voice warnings within TT5 itself you can change the data.chk file. The link is http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-poi-alerts.php

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Fireblademan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: re: wav files Reply with quote

Just to say thank you Richard for your help but i am no further forward i am afraid. I own a Navigator 5 and use it with a Ipaq 4700. The GPS is used in my car and would also like to be able to use it on my Motorcycle, hence this is why the voice warning me about a speed camera would be much more usefull and save me having to look down at the PDA all the time. Yur advice to me was fine but i have tried everything to try to make it work but with no results. My PDA version is 5000, so downloaded the 4890 data.chk file and not knowing which filder to copy it too i tried all folders but it will not work for me at all. Any advice on this subject would be much appreciated. Thank you.

George
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried putting data.chk into Program Files\Navigator. This seems to be the best place for most users. I don't know why there are, can be, 2 locations.

Fireblademan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard thank you for the reply, i have tried putting the 4890_new.data.chk file in all off the folders but it will not work for me at all. I can find the folder that contains the original data.chk file and have tried to replace this file with the new one and then rename it, but nothing works. I am a bit new to this GPS scene but quite well up on computers and gagets and technology so wondering why i cannot get this too work? Just wondering but do i need to have that checkpoint installed before this will work?

Cheers from George

Ipaq 4700 running Tomtom Navigator 5
Pocket PC device
App version 5.000 (4890)
Map Great Britain- Map v562
Language: English UK
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. data.chk is part of the TomTom (albeit a modified file), and needs no 3rd party software to work.

Another thought, have you upgraded to 5.1? You will need a different version data.chk file if you have.

Fireblademan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again Richard, thank you for your reply. I have tried every combination to get this too work but with no luck. DOH! According to my Ipaq device I am running version 5, but read on this forum people who have upgraded to version 5.1 say that it still shows as version 5. So I tried using the data.chk file for version 5.1 but still wont work. I have downloaded the extra voices from this site i.e.: Scottish, Vader and so on and they work fine. So think I must be doing something right? Laughing Out Loud. I placed these in the voices folder as prompted. Even tried the data.chk file in voices folder. On my original Tomtom software the only data.chk file I can find is in the Tomtom folder so take it this is the one to replace to get the beeps to talk to me instead of beeping? Below is a copy of the version showing on my device? Hopefully I will manage to sort this out. The main reason for wanting these voices is so that I can have the speed cameras warnings spoken too me while riding my Motorcycle instead of having too look down at the device all of the time. Not very safe either? Thanks for your time

TomTom Navigator 5
PocketPc device
App version 5.000 (4890)
GPS Driver v1.20
Map ‘Great_Britain-Map’ v562
Language: English UK

Running on my Ipaq 4700
Mystery
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made a data.chk (sound file ) for Tomtom Navigator 5 with 600 and 200 warnings built in. The file and instructions are here http://www.predator.org.uk/poi.htm
They are as loud as I can make them and have a siren warning that draws your attention.
This may help especuilly if motorcycle riding.
Let me know how you get on

Mystery
Fireblademan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you mystery man for the reply. I don't really need the warnings to be loud as I will be using earphones .Just want to be able to hear the device tell me 30 mph or 40 mph without having too look down at it all the time. Its bad enough having too watch the traffic. Laughing Out Loud The ones shown on the Pocket GPS Site are perfect but cannot get them too work. Thanks again
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireblademan wrote:
On my original Tomtom software the only data.chk file I can find is in the Tomtom folder so take it this is the one to replace to get the beeps to talk to me instead of beeping? Below is a copy of the version showing on my device?

I believe the data.chk file in the TomTom Folder is a left over from the Installation.

The data.chk normally goes into the same Folder as the TomTom Program.

Fireblademan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOORAY, I have done it. Just too say a big thank you too all who helped me, especially Richard. It was totally my fault. I was trying to copy the data.chk file onto the Secure Digital card and as you all know it needed to be in My Device/ Program Files/ Navigator. Anyway I am just a beginner and have learned something more. Laughing Out Loud. THANKS TOO ALL

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: