Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help with back up plz
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help with back up plz

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kna
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: help with back up plz Reply with quote

hi all

just got the ttg300 i plug in the usb and turned the tt on.
opened my computer and clicked the tt file.
it starts up the cd then i tick backup/restore settings then back up settings to pc.
then all i get is this Please connect the power supply to your TomTom GO and switch ON your TomTom GO.
Next, make sure that your TomTom GO is connected to your computer, and then press the right button below.
Press the left button below to return to the Setup menu. i press right button and it just comes back to that message
so do i need mains charger to continue the set up.? is that why i cant see gb maps any where even when i copy and paste to my pc .?
i had to quit that but i did register on line first
then i tried to back up the tt sd card by opening my computer there is a file not a folder called tomtom (D: )
i right clicked it then copy and paste in to a folder in my documents
i checked the properties for the tt file in my computer it is 76.6mb used none free
i also checked the properties of the back up file i made its size is 71.4mb/size on disk 85.8mb
contains 5,798 files and 105 folders
am i thick or does any of this make sense shouldn't the tomtom (D: ) be 128mb total size with over 100mb used and my back up folder should be over 100mb
any help would be really great

btw it works fine i just want to make a back up on my pc ready to put on a new card before i add speed cam data

thanks and great site btw
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have answered your other posting - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=25847

Please don't double post.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: