Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My experience..
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My experience..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delboy102
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: My experience.. Reply with quote

I'v just used GPS for the first time (Tomtom 5 on a Dell Axim X30, 624mhz) today and I am very very impressed, I wasnt expecting it to be so accurate. e.g. when i'm stopped at the traffic lights at actually shows me right at the end of the traffic light, its very cool, I was picking up about 4 sats, sometimes up to 6.
Donald was a big help
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24768&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=reliable

just one small problem:
When I put my PDA onto my arkon mount and connect up the cables (it has a built in receiver) and I turn my PDA on I keep having to tell tomtom 5 the settings for the GPS receiver, like if its wired/wireless, the baud rate etc, I would of thought it would save the settings but it never does.
its fine for the journey, but as soon as i turn it off and then on again I have to set up the GPS receiver again.

Apart from that its just perfect, hopefully it will continue working like this!

Now I just need to load the speed cam locations on it and I'll be all set!
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 6 sats? 4 is a minimum, in normal operation (not city centres) you should be getting about 8.

That's assuming you are not just talking about how many boxes on the signal strength bar, which isn't the same thing.
delboy102
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh right, no I clicked on those lines and it showed a status summary or something, and it showed 4 sats, however this was during the start of the journey, halfway thru there were 6 connected, I need to use it a bit more to see how much are usually connected I think.
maybe its because its not at the centre of the screen but its towards the right?, I will try messing about with it a bit more and see what it does.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: