Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Thinking of upgrading to TT5 on an XDA2i? Then Think again..
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Thinking of upgrading to TT5 on an XDA2i? Then Think again..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L_Morgan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Thinking of upgrading to TT5 on an XDA2i? Then Think again.. Reply with quote

I am close to seeing if my XDA2i and TT5.10 can swim better than it navigate without locking up . . .

I installed the corporate version when hard reset, and performed a clean install of version 5.10 as requested by the tom tom support team.

TT5.10 works like a dream . . .. if you dont get a phone call (locks up) or dont get a text message (locks up) dont want a traffic update (locks up) - in fact it probably works best if you do not switch it on . . .

After 10 updates to my online question, because getting to play a round of golf with the President is easier than speaking with anyone at tomtom, they replied . . .

"Thanks for the feedback. The issues that you mention should have been resolved with the update to version 5.10. I'll contact our technical team about this, and will get back to you." (yeah, right)

Thanks for the feed back? THANKS?? Maybe it should be us XDA2i users thanking TT for wasting our time getting lost because their update is more premature than me sharing a bed with a supermodel.

I contacted O2, because when someone calls me on my trusty XDA2i (locking up TT) the phone line is totally dead when I answer.

O2 said . . .

"The XDA2i has an upgrade due for release very shortly. We haven’t been given a set date yet, but I would suggest checking the website each day for the update - www.my-xda.com

Hopefully their new ROM will sort this issue . . . TomTom clearly not tested TT5 on an allegedly supported device . . .

Incidently when I ask TT to unlock my old TT3 code (because TT3 actually worked and I want to re-install it) they said . . .

"Unfortunately we can't unblock your Product Code for Navigator 3 at the moment, as this was code was blocked when you ordered the Upgrade"

If any one has any solutions, or a sledge hammer, I be very grateful
ROM date: 04/11/06
Radio version 1.09.00
Protocol version: 42.42.P8
ExtROM version: 1.30.162 WWE
Cujo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: tt3 - I don't know if this topic helps:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=24247&highlight=
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got to i dont have a problem with the xda2i at all with tt5 it locked twice and that was bcause i was on a call and started the camera in video mode a record 20 minutes of nothing which filled my sd Card up.
have tred a different sd card or tried defrging and then formatting your currrent sd card
the only real problem i have with the 2i the gprs droping problem thats well documented i was told on tuesday by o2 that the undate should be out in around 2-4weeks

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: