Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - .wav file volume
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

.wav file volume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emjaiuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: .wav file volume Reply with quote

The sound files I'm using for POI warnings on my TT3 setup appear to be lower in volume than the TT3 navigation instructions, and hence don't have enough impact. Can anyone recomend a wav file editor which can batch process files to increase volume levels? If it's easy to use and cheap so much the better. I've tried the editors I've got with Ahead Nero and Creative Sound Card, but neither allow for batch processing. Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Malcolm
Donald
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: .wav file volume Reply with quote

emjaiuk wrote:
The sound files I'm using for POI warnings on my TT3 setup appear to be lower in volume than the TT3 navigation instructions, and hence don't have enough impact. Can anyone recomend a wav file editor which can batch process files to increase volume levels? If it's easy to use and cheap so much the better. I've tried the editors I've got with Ahead Nero and Creative Sound Card, but neither allow for batch processing. Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm

I use Adobe Audition 1.5 for all my audio worl - It is more "Prosumer" and is a full blooded multi-track system audio editor - probably like using a sledgehammer to crack the nut.....

However, if the audio output is from the tiny speaker of the PDA, then the speaker is not up to the job of giving out loud undistorted sound - If you over-drive a speaker, the Voice Coil of the speaker "bottoms" giving the distorted sound - after a while of bottoming, the former of the voice coil itself becomes physically damaged and will always give bad sound.

Mind you, the speaker of your PDA may well be ok with a tad more audio drive...

As a very viable solution, I suggest that you investigate the use of a powered mount. They have a built in amplifier that takes the adui pfom the pda and does the biz!!!!

I have two ARKON powered units, one with abuilt in Sat receiver as well.

Ahve a look at www.arkon.com find the one that seems to suit your need, then do an eBay search for "Arkon". There are loads of sellers...

All the best
emjaiuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I'm using the Seidio G2500 mount (and very pleased with it). The problem I've got is the relative volume level between the POI alert files and the standard TT navigation instructions.

Malcolm
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit the POI warnings by opening them with Sound Recorder, then Effects, Incease Volume, Save, transfer back to PDA.

Hope this helps.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emjaiuk wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I'm using the Seidio G2500 mount (and very pleased with it). The problem I've got is the relative volume level between the POI alert files and the standard TT navigation instructions. Malcolm

Not sure if this program can batch process what you want, but there is a trial version

http://buy.soft32.com/buy_14077.html
GazzerG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talkingbollox wrote:
Edit the POI warnings by opening them with Sound Recorder, then Effects, Incease Volume, Save, transfer back to PDA.

Hope this helps.

What he says is exactly correct. Just done it myself. Simply open sound recorder on your pc, open the wav file, and increase the volume under the effects tab (i increased 4 times, any more than that the voice bottoms out). Then overwrite your wav file on your pda.
Cheers Talkingbollox was wondering how to do that myself ;)
Donald
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emjaiuk wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I'm using the Seidio G2500 mount (and very pleased with it). The problem I've got is the relative volume level between the POI alert files and the standard TT navigation instructions.

Malcolm

Ok Malcolm
I should have read you post MUCH more carefully. I did not take in the audio levels compared one set to another - I missunderstood (as usual!) that it was a general audio level problem. Embarassed

Today I will try to get BOTH brain cells up and running! Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: