Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help a novice pick......
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help a novice pick......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bill_pine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Help a novice pick...... Reply with quote

...... a PDA firslty with some type of route finder, ideally with post code facilities and secondly dare I say it speed camera locations! Second user unit wouldnt go a miss as my budget is only £200 and from what ive seen about that aint gonna buy me much.

If anyone can help that would be great! Thanks all

Bill
Donald
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Help a novice pick...... Reply with quote

bill_pine wrote:
...... a PDA firslty with some type of route finder, ideally with post code facilities and secondly dare I say it speed camera locations! Second user unit wouldnt go a miss as my budget is only £200 and from what ive seen about that aint gonna buy me much.

Bill

Hi Bill

You will need 4 bits of kit
1) A PDA
2) A Sat Receiver
3) Nav programme
4) Car Mounting Cradle

First of all you should decide on the type of kit you feel that would suit your needs. You need to decide on a Nav Programme. I do not have any experience with anything other than Tom Tom (TT) but by reading the mail, it appears that TT is one of the tops.

Then, once you have your heart set on the nav proggy, you must make sure that the pda you choose will run that Prog.

If you choose TT for example, you can check the pda compatibility on their website www.tomtom.com and enter the word "compatibility" in the search box.
when you have a PDA And Prog in mind, check out the wanted to buy/ for sale pages in THIS FORUM first.

Alternatively go to eBay and search for "PDA" and bid for a second user machine. (I got a Palm for my son for £60 last week)

Do the same search for "Sat Nav" but watch out for the pirate copies - they have no customer support bit there are genuine secon hand original copies available...

Likewise search for mounting cradle - loads of choices...

Whatever your choice - all the best...
Donald
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Help a novice pick...... Reply with quote

bill_pine wrote:

Bill

I forgot to add:

TomTom 5 has a PostCode and the ability to have Safety Cameras.

The speed camera database in available from this website. See:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php
bill_pine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help Donald. Better start learning about this PDA/sat nav lark now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: