Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sd or MMC card for Medion 95900
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sd or MMC card for Medion 95900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferjan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Sd or MMC card for Medion 95900 Reply with quote

Does the Medion 95900 use SD and MMC memory cards, cos I got a SD card but when I try and use it, it says not reconised and I can not run anything from it...still its' handy for the wifes digi camera m, my lose her gain hi.

If it only uses MMC cards where is the best place to obtain one please, I want to make sure I get the right one.

Thanks. :P
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know for certain about MMC cards and CoPilot, but it SHOULD work with SD cards.

If it isn't working with the SD card, sounds like a problem with the card or the reader.
ferjan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Neil01...well I installed the software from the cd via Active sync and also via exployer to the Sd card and both ways it had the same result, can not reconise the SD card, doing a soft restart but then nothing happens after that.

I also copied everything from my original card and installed that but just the same result yet the card works fine in my camera.

When I check on the card I can see everything which should be on there but it just wont run should I get a different card??

The card I have is a Kingston SD card 512 mb

Cheers
itxweather
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

ferjan wrote:
Thanks for the reply Neil01...well I installed the software from the cd via Active sync and also via exployer to the Sd card and both ways it had the same result, can not reconise the SD card, doing a soft restart but then nothing happens after that.

I also copied everything from my original card and installed that but just the same result yet the card works fine in my camera.

When I check on the card I can see everything which should be on there but it just wont run should I get a different card??

Cheers

Hi Ferjan,

Have found a 256Mb and 512Mb SD card to work alright containing MP3 but cannot make a working back-up of softward running on 256Mb SD card either :-(.

Does anyone have any ideas?.

Thank you.
Best Regards.

http://www.itx-weather.co.uk
itxweather
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

ferjan wrote:

Cheers

Hi ferjan,

Just this minute found that the 95900 does not like Kingston SD cards. Copied the back-up files from the Installation folder and finally a working back-up. Medion Navigator installs successfully (but not using a Kingston 256Mb or 512Mb SD card).

Cannot understand why Kingston SD cards won't work, particularly as the installation files have copied across successfully via ActiveSync and Explorer method suggested in the Readme.txt file on CD1.

Perhaps something to to with working voltage?. Really don't know.

Best Regards.

ferjan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: SD card problem Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply's to the SD card problem..glad it's not just me having trouble with the Kingston SD card.

I see on my card the voltage is set for 3.3 volts weather the other cards a different I don't know.

So now the question of what to buy...I have seen Sandisk, Lexar and Transcend all available.....BUT WHICH ONE WILL WORK !!! I don't want to keep buying them and them ending up in the wifes camera hi...maybe I should go for a MMC card instead??? if anyone has bought a new card and got it working ok then please reply...

Cheers 8)
itxweather
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: SD card problem Reply with quote

ferjan wrote:
Thanks for the reply's to the SD card problem..glad it's not just me having trouble with the Kingston SD card.

I see on my card the voltage is set for 3.3 volts weather the other cards a different I don't know.

So now the question of what to buy...I have seen Sandisk, Lexar and Transcend all available.....BUT WHICH ONE WILL WORK !!! I don't want to keep buying them and them ending up in the wifes camera hi...maybe I should go for a MMC card instead??? if anyone has bought a new card and got it working ok then please reply...

Cheers 8)

Hi Ferjan,

Just sent you a PM, basically confirming that i'd used a Sandisk SD Card last night after failing dismally to get a 256Mb and 512Mb Kingston SD Card to work.

Best Regards.

neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Mio 168 and use a Maxell 256 MB card (from PC World)
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Corsair 1gb SD Flash Media 40x card and have no problems.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tel33 wrote:
I have a Corsair 1gb SD Flash Media 40x card and have no problems.

Sorry for being a bit 'off-topic', but do you find that you notice any differences when using the faster card? Although mine works - I wouldn't exactly describe it as fast!
shaun_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also of topicish Wink what is the maximum size card these will take, i was going to get a 1 gig mmc card for mine but have just noticed you can get a 2 gig now (will be great for watching films on) :D (im not sure if there is a limit like they is on some mobile phones) cheers for any help
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to your question about if I think the 40x SD card being faster makes the unit faster, I personally feel there is an improvement in repsonse times over the medion supplied one but not much to make a tremendous difference.

I know there are faster SD cards out there (133x!!) so maybe like most memory which is normally the major bottleneck in any computer system, as the SD memory cards improve so will the units response until it eventually nearly the speed of the CPU and reduces the bottleneck but when that will happen I dont know.

As for my 40x card I just bought it as it was a good price. Smile

Regards

tel33

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: