Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hp Ipaq RX3115 and GR300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hp Ipaq RX3115 and GR300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Santiago_rx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Hp Ipaq RX3115 and GR300 Reply with quote

Hi.
I've just recieved my GPS car kit Seidio G2500, that includes de GR300 GPS. I install tomtom 4.40 but it keeps saying thaht cannot find GPS receiver. This on connects by an RJ11 cable to the carkit and PDA connects to that. It's configurated with CABLE GPS NMEA @ 4800, but no luck.
Now the question thah I want to make is this one.
- Is there any program to check the connection with GPS receiver(withou be TOMTOM or Destinator....)
- Or any other that cheks the serial PORT or if there is a serial port on it ?
- Or can this PDA connects to this GPS by this serial port ?

Thanks,

Rui
sory my bad english
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there.

According to

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12059_div/12059_div.HTML

your iPAQ does have a serial port. So you should be able to use it with TTN4 on port COM1: at 4800 NMEA.

You can test the receiver with tools like Emtac Crux_View or Winfast Navigator (they are on our downloads page)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
lost_and_confused
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Hp Ipaq RX3115 and GR300 Reply with quote

Santiago_rx wrote:
Hi.
I've just recieved my GPS car kit Seidio G2500, that includes de GR300 GPS. I install tomtom 4.40 but it keeps saying thaht cannot find GPS receiver.

unfortunately I suspect there is a hardware problem either with Seidio or iPAQ - I have the same problem with rx3715 & TomTom 5 - see copy of RMA request I just sent to Seidio:

Product name:
3 x Seidio G2500 GPS Ready Bundle for iPAQ rx3715/rx3115

Product part number:
3 x Seidio SGR-300 wired receiver

Specific reason:
My iPAQ rx3715 won't connect to your GPS receiver.

I have tried all three kits & two different iPAQs & all have the same problem.

I have tried connecting the SGR-300 to my Palm T3 also using a G2500 mount which I normally use with a Bluetooth receiver. The Palm connects straight away - so the receiver is working in fact.

I therefore believe that your SGR-300 is not compatible with the iPAQ rx3715 & would therefore like to return all three receivers & either have the cost refunded or a suitable replacement receiver that will work with the iPAQs.
lost_and_confused
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hp Ipaq RX3115 and GR300 Reply with quote

Santiago_rx wrote:
Hi.
I've just recieved my GPS car kit Seidio G2500, that includes de GR300 GPS. I install tomtom 4.40 but it keeps saying thaht cannot find GPS receiver.

unfortunately I suspect there is a hardware problem either with Seidio or iPAQ - I have the same problem with rx3715 & TomTom 5 - see copy of RMA request I just sent to Seidio:

Product name:
3 x Seidio G2500 GPS Ready Bundle for iPAQ rx3715/rx3115

Product part number:
3 x Seidio SGR-300 wired receiver

Specific reason:

I have tried all three kits & two different iPAQs & all have the same problem.

I have tried connecting the SGR-300 to my Palm T3 also using a G2500 mount which I normally use with a Bluetooth receiver. The Palm connects straight away - so the receiver is working in fact.

I therefore believe that your SGR-300 is not compatible with the iPAQ rx3715 & would therefore like to return all three receivers & either have the cost refunded or a suitable replacement receiver that will work with the iPAQs.
lost_and_confused
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hp Ipaq RX3115 and GR300 Reply with quote

lost_and_confused wrote:

OK just had an email back from Seidio:

"Can you try to set the setting to NMEA0183 V2 Serial on Com1.
This should work.
Also, make sure there is NO keyboard software installed on the PDA. If you have already done so, please disable the software."

I have an HP foldable keyboard & simply disabling the software worked! I have suggested they add this info to their website

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: