Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Novatech
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Novatech

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickDavy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Novatech Reply with quote

I had been using Novatech for around 5 years and recomending them without hesitation. That is until I bought my first Mio168 in May this year.

When the unit arrived it was obvious that the box had been opened, I called tech help and was told this was normal as they checked all units before dispatch, I didnt believe them but what can you do? 2 Days after it arrived it kept starting up on a map of a part of Belgium and would not let me switch to the UK. The only way I could get it to work was to take out the SD card, read it in a card reader then replace it. Handy if you are on the road at the time.

I got a return number and the unit was collected a few days later.

For the next few days I rang them morning and afternoon asking for progress, I was constantly told that the unit would be inspected that day. When I asked for a refund I was told that it was being looked at and I would be called back - I wasnt. When I called back the next day I was told that the "engineer" was off sick. I was then told that someone else would look at it and call be back just before they finished for the day. Guess what no call was made. The next day I called and the "engineer" told me that no one had asked him to call me.

The next day I was called and told that the unit was now working correctly and would be sent for next day delivery.

The next day it didnt arrive so I called them only to be told that it hadnt been sent but would be that day

The next day it didnt arrive so I called them only to be told that it had been sent to the wrong customer and that it was now being sent back to Novatech and they would then send it to me.

The next day it did arrive now 2 weeks to the day I first recieved it. I switched it on only to be confronted by a map of part of Belgium, this turned out to be a small default map if no SD card was present (it was). The only thing different was now I could manually switch the map back to UK (everytime I turned the unit on)

I phoned them again and recived another return number, this time I asked for a refund and this was agreed, I sent the unit back after a weeks holiday. I was told I would recieve a refund in about 6 days time.

8 days later I phoned to find out where my money was and was told that they hadnt inspected the unit yet but would do so and phone me back that day. This time they did call but only to say that the SD card was missing (I know I put it in the box) and they couldnt refund on an incomplete return. I told them I disputed that the card was missing, but to deduct the cost of a new card (£13.84) and refund the difference. Later they phoned to say they had found a "spare" card and would make a full refund.

15 days later after countless chasing phone calls the money was credited to my credit card. 49 days after the fault occured!

In all my calls only one person fron Novatech tried to be helpful if you are lucky and speak to him (Jason) you at least feel that there are free thinking humans within the company.

I no longer recommend Novatech, my replacement Mio168 came from globalpositioningsystems.co.uk. I ordered it during lunch on the standard 2-4 day delivery and it arrived the next morning - excellent service.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: