Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newbie needs help with ipaq 2215 and Holux GR-236 BT GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie needs help with ipaq 2215 and Holux GR-236 BT GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoudiniQ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Newbie needs help with ipaq 2215 and Holux GR-236 BT GPS Reply with quote

Hello all.

Mods: this was cross-posted in the Holux forum, but I don't think there's enough traffic there to get a response...please do as you see fit with these posts, my feelings won't be hurt...I just need an answer.

I've searched these forums up and down, but can't find a resolution...thus I'm adding to the 2,345,453 posts in this chaotic mish-mash of a thousand stickies and repeat posts. :D

Just received my GR-236 today! I'm extremely happy to say the least. Unfortunately, even though I can connect with bluetooth, I'm not getting any information.

First, my setup:
Ipaq 2215
Rom 1.10.07 ENG
GPS Driver version: 3.07? This is the version I get on the GPS connection page under TomTom.
Software: GPS Viewer (comes with the GR-236), TomTom 3.07

Here's the procedure I used;
1) Turn on Ipaq, turn on GR-236
2) Go to bluetooth settings, scan for new devices
3) Find GR-236, establish a connection
4) Select connect...connection established no problem.

5) and then, nothing. The lights on the GR-236 are behaving as per the manual. Battery light: OFF. GPS light: steady orange, then blinking orange for GPS fix. Bluetooth light: once/sec, then once/3 sec after I establish connection.

GPS viewer has a nifty little function that lets you scan the com ports to determine the device location. My understanding is that the GR-236 should come in under Com5 for an Ipaq 2215. Regardless, the program scans ALL com ports and comes up clean. I've tried all baud settings.

One note: the Ipaq seems to lose its connection after about 5-10 minutes. Could this be indicative of an error, or perhaps just a normal power saving feature of the GR-236 with no data transfer?

My suspicions lie with the GPS driver that TomTom throws in there. Unfortunately, being relatively new to the PDA scene (I'm a long dedicated GPS person, mostly Garmin.) I don't even know where to begin finding a GPS driver version. I haven't even started to muck about with the TomTom settings yet, I'm just trying to get GPS Viewer to see the BT receiver.

My questions are:
1) Where do I find the GPS driver on my Ipaq?
2) Once found, should I replace them?
3) Anything I'm missing?

I can't find a definitive answer to these questions in the forum, and I came up with nothing looking in the FAQ. I hear there's some issue with rolling back to GPS Driver 2.06 (or something), but for the life of me I can't find the straight answer, or a procedure to accomplish this.

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: