Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator 5 running great on the iPAQ h6325
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator 5 running great on the iPAQ h6325

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ball
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: TomTom Navigator 5 running great on the iPAQ h6325 Reply with quote

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents here.

I'm running TomTom 5 on my ipaq H6325 (with integrated mobile phone) with a Holux bluetooth GPS and it works absolutely brilliantly. I find this interesting because I've seen many posts in this forum about how TT5 is so resource hungry and bogs down the OS. Strangely enough on numerous pocket pc forums I have seen people put down the h6325 because it "only" has a 200 Mhz Texas Instruments processor (apparently people out there expect their Pocket PCs to be able to operate as network mainframes).

Anyway, I can run windows media player in the background playing audio books while TomTom 5 is running in the foreground with my bluetooth GPS and seemlessly accept an incoming call (or place an outgoing call). TomTom even knows enough to mute the voice prompts while my telephone call is in progress. So on my apparently poor performance iPAQ h6325, the processor hungry TT5 can run flawlessly while multi-tasking.

As for battery power, with my media player playing audio books and the GPRS cellphone on, TomTom5 running, and with bluetooth on, a 5 hour car journey dropped my battery power to about 50% (backlight was off). Not bad at all.

So I think TomTom have done a great job with Navigator 5. I'm surprised to hear that people with other pocket pc's are experiencing such problems with this version.

Now they just need to update their ancient maps...
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To set some things straight - the 63xx has a 168 MHz TI OMAP processor. Despite the low frequency it seems to indeed perform pretty acceptable, even with TTN5. It only starts to stumble when you are using a BT headset to send the sound of your mediaplayer as well as the TomTom announcements through. There is noticeable more stutter than with TTN3.

As far as the battery is concerned - don't forget the 63xx has a brilliantly massive 1800 mAh battery so you don't see the effects of the power hogging as quickly as with other PDAs.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: