Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion MDPNA 200s - How do I change the language please?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion MDPNA 200s - How do I change the language please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheezy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Medion MDPNA 200s - How do I change the language please? Reply with quote

Hi folks!!

I am over in Spain and just purchased the Medion MDPNA 200s and at this present moment in time my knowledge of Spanish is a little limited.

I have booted up the machine and set the Language to English.....easy enough :D However, it then loads the Maps of Spain & Portugal in Spanish..therefore it speaks in Spanish and texts in Spanish.

Would any of you out there know if I can chage it to operate fully in English........pleeeeeeeeeeeeease Embarassed

Your help would be most appreciated :D

Many thanks

Dave
cheezy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one can help me then Sad
geofftitto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Language Barrier Reply with quote

One solution plus one possible solution,

1) Learn Spanish ! :D

2) The installation CD seems to have files for many languages - you could try reloading SD card from PC. Try it on a spare card if possible - no promises and no I haven't tried it myself.

Good Luck

GT
Chablis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Perhaps an answer to your problem. Reply with quote

I think we have the same unit and perhaps there is a language file on my Engish version SD card, which would install after a hard reset.

Drop me a PM message and we can see if it might work.

Hardware MDPNA200s with v4.75 navigator.

regards

Chablis
qwackers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents have just bought the MD95900 in Spain. Last night we managed to get the menus and voice working in english. The is a file called MNAVDCE in the Storage Card folder on the GPS. This is 11.7MB for the Spanish version, and 10.4MB for the UK version.

On your CD's you will find the UK file in the English installation directory. We simply deleted the file on the GPS and replaced it with the English version, did a hard reset and hey presto, English menus and voice with Spanish maps.

Bear in mind this was on the MD95900 system, but my guess is it would be a similar process on yours via Activsync.
cheezy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi many thanks for that...however I returned the unit because the Mapping Software was no where near as detailed as the Tom Tom Go 300.
The maps seemed very basic to me.

I hope your folks enjoy the unit, it is certainly a good looking piece of equipment.
Stumartin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="qwackers"]My parents have just bought the MD95900 in Spain. Last night we managed to get the menus and voice working in english. The is a file called MNAVDCE in the Storage Card folder on the GPS. This

I amk a brit in Germany and my Medion talks Kraut
Untill I read your Thread !!!Suuper thanks now I have this sexy British lady woooooooooo
Thanks again
STU

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: