Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 300 & Orange C500
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 300 & Orange C500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
groovebutcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Go 300 & Orange C500 Reply with quote

After giving up on a Vodafone p910i for using the bluetooth GPRS 'features', I thought I'd have a go at the C500 as this is supported according to other posts in the forum and Tomtom themselves, and I had one sitting around.

However, when I try to connect to/pair with the C500, I get a mesage which says the phone does not provide the right services and stops the process there.

I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere and would be grateful for anyone else who has done this to point me in the right direction, before I go insane.

The C500 is unlocked, both serial connections are selected, but it just doesn't seem to offer a modem service for other devices.

Any clues anyone?
Thanks,
Rory
lasitha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT Go 300 doesn't support Bluetooth. You need the Go 500.
visitor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lasitha wrote:

Not right, it may not display SMS messages etc, but it does have bluetooth and will connect.
groovebutcher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Go 300 does infact support the bluetooth GPRS modem profile for connecting to the Tomtom Plus services but not for the handsfree stuff as provided with the Go 500 7 700.

I know this, because it has successfully connected over bluetooth to a Nokia 6320 (not my phone unfortunately) and downloaded weather information.

However, I am trying to connect to the GPRS modem of an Orange SPV C500 over bluetooth.

Still no-one?
lasitha
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visitor wrote:
lasitha wrote:

Not right, it may not display SMS messages etc, but it does have bluetooth and will connect.

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought the 300 had no BT support.
visitor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked up the C500

Quote:

This mobile phone has Bluetooth Technology for voice and data. This means you can connect wirelessly with other Bluetooth enabled devices such as headsets, laptops and PDAs

Have you ever paired it to anything else, like another mobile phones?.

I have a new Nokia 6680, which is not listed in the Tom Tom, but I just selected the 6600 and it works fine.

Tom Tom says "Found Nokia 6680" while the phone asks if I will let the Tom Tom connect, after that its all automatic, it checks the phone to see what it can do, and sets it all up.

Took less than a min

Bluetooth must be switched on in the phone, and set to find any new bluetooth device..

When you first buy a phone and insert the sim, the phone will probably not work on gps, MMS as the network wont know what the phone is, in my case a call to Orange, and they sent the phone a message, which enabled it for use with those services. However thats not a bluetooth problem, just a network error if the phone is not enabled.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: