Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wheres my street???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wheres my street???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Wheres my street??? Reply with quote

Hi all,
Having used TT2 originally and my road not being on the maps due to it being quite new I really did think that when I purchased TT3 it would be on as my house was built in 1998 and the road was adopted by our local council about 2001 ish ?
There nearest road fix I can get is about 500 yards away.
A relative of mine has a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S with sat nav and my street is on that, his wife has a Merc convertable and my street is on her sat nav to Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad :x

This leads to my question...... whats the general opinion on the best nav software?
Cheers Jim.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you reported the map error to TeleAtlas?

your relatives probably use NavTEQ maps, so you may want to go for a product that uses Navteq maps if you really, really need to see your street on the map (even though you most probably know where it is and how to get there 8) )

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:

so you may want to go for a product that uses Navteq maps if you really, really need to see your street on the map (even though you most probably know where it is and how to get there 8) )

Yes but the 'National Leg-breakers Assocation of Great Britian' may not and may have supplied the operatives with TTN to direct them to his house to arrange payment for the Tomtom software he purchased.

Perhaps not the best example of why he wants it to be shown (Do LOTTO cheques for jackpot winners get delivered by people using Tomtom?) but if the road is there it should find it's way onto the maps within 2 upgrades MAX (and upgrades should not cost too much).

Norman

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: