Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom spokesperson or whatever?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom spokesperson or whatever?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: TomTom spokesperson or whatever? Reply with quote

I see from many posts that TT are getting slated over the map rip off, (I cancelled my order due to bad customer service and reading reports here), as well as other design issues.

Is there a TT representative on this forum who can enlighten the TTG etc community on what TT feel about these issues?
vernan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt if they feel very much, TBH. They're a business.

I would think that they would expect less than 50% of people would upgrade per year anyway, and I expect they'll hit their target. I also think that people have a really peculiar expectation of the mapping - it's cheap stuff, mass market, costs less yet better than 90% of inbuilt satnav or its competitors.

If you come to a forum like this you're either a) an enthusiast or b) are for some reason are carpet bitingly angry. Either way, you're at the extreme of the bell curve and your opinion will be seen as extreme and is probably not worth that much.

Personally, I don't feel ripped off (and I've bought the upgrade and MOWE), and I've always received good customer service from TT and am delighted with the performance of my Go. I suppose that makes me an enthusiast, which is nice.
HOG
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong I am happy with my GO and the MOWE etc, I just failed to see the point of upgrading after reading all the bad press about it.

I have many times been misdirected at the very end of my destination down a farmers lane etc when going to tourist attractions. But by that time I am near enough to the attraction where road signs finish the route for me.

I'm looking forward to summer to see how it copes taking me to Bavaria and Italy.....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: