Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cannot get OziExplorer to read calibrated maps.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot get OziExplorer to read calibrated maps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dxg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Cannot get OziExplorer to read calibrated maps. Reply with quote

I've applied Oziexplorer Trial to PC and OziExplorerCE demo to MIO168. The following steps were done.

I save a *.geotiff map file from Raster.

LOAD AND CALIBRATE MAP IMAGE
From here I select to mapping points on the map, then save, a *.map file is produced.

I then use the utility file IMG to OFZ. This makes another two files with the extention
*.OZFX3 and *_OZF.MAP. The *_OZF.MAP is automatically copied to the pocket PC.

When I run the DEMO version of Oziexplorer I cannot get this file to work, the error code is
------------------------------------------------------
\storage
card\maps\maps\eucumbene_ozf.map

Image File not Found or could not be loaded.
------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have any ideas.
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd check these things first, given the error message you're seeing:
- Did you also copy the .OZFX3 image file to a folder on the Pocket PC?
- Have you configured OziCE to look in that folder for map image files? (Assuming it's the same on the demo as on my version, select File - Configuration - Map Image Files on the menu, then choose the two folders where it should look for map images. If you don't see this menu option, read the help file and it'll tell you what to do).
dxg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barry, Thanks for the quick responce.

I still cannot get it to work.

This is what I have on my pocket PC
\Storage Card\Maps\maps
World.ozf2
World.map
Eucumbene.ozfx3
Eucumbene_ozf.map
Eucumbene.tif

As all the files are in the same folder I configured "Map & Data Files" and
"Map Image Files" paths to \Storage Card\Maps\maps.

So the maps I cannot read are called Eucumbene, I tried to read .ozfx3 and .map form Open Map File menu. The World maps are ok I can read these, which are the demo files.

Would you like me to send the .ozfx3 and.map files over email for you to try out. Compressed they are 1.2MB.
dxg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also found some info from the site. Looks like the version of CE and the OZFX3 converter are not compatible.

The version I'm running with CE is Beta Version 1.11.4, form the site it looks like this version only supports .OZF2 files.

I down loaded so called version 1.11.6h and 6e, but when I install both they come up as Beta Version 1.11.4.

Also tryed the .OZF2 converter file but it does not accept .MAP files.

So the question is, will the DEMO software allow me to convert a map into a working file on OziexplorerCE?
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, have just tried loading one of my maps that references an ozfx3 graphic using an older version of OziCE (BETA 1.11.4, sounds like yours) and it gives me the same error it gives you.
So it looks like you'll need to stick with the ozf2 format for your trial. With that version of the Img2Ozf convertor you select the graphic file you want to convert, not the map file. (I think in one version of that program the list of files is empty when you start the program, until you select a graphics file format in the drop down list, and then it populates.) It produces an ozf2 file and a map file that references the ozf2 file. Copy those two over to the PDA and Bob should then, finally, be your uncle!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: