Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What should you get "in the box" with Copilot live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What should you get "in the box" with Copilot live

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davmcc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: What should you get "in the box" with Copilot live Reply with quote

Hi,

I ordered this from pdamods.com and received it this morning.

The quickstart guide refers to a Copilot Quickstart card that I should put in the SD slot of my PDA - but one didn't come with my package. I emailed pdamods 'support' and got the following reply:

This is not included in the software only packs, you need to create this
yourself using a blank memory card, I have attached instructions on how to do this

Thanks

Ian

Ok, so I can do that if this is true but it seems a little strange to me that the user guide refers to it if it is not a standard inclusion?! Also, the case seems to have a bit where an SD card would have been secured to.

Having done a bit of research on pdamods this morning it seems they may not be the most reliable bunch in the world (wished I'd checked before I ordered!) so can someone please confirm they are telling the truth before I go ahead and activate the product and run my chances of getting a refund? I don't particularly want to fork out for another SD card if I shouldn't have to.

If I should have received it, any ideas how I go about proving this to them?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased the Co-Pilot linve 5 for PPC and what you get is a CD Sleeve with install and data CD and quick start guide with your 25 digit activation number. That's it. The quick start stuff (just software to re-install the copilot if your PPC dies) goes on the SD card when you copy your areas's so that if the PPC dies and you restart it, it will re-install the program onto the PPC and you can get back up and running. This is optional and you can view all this if you run the wizard.
davmcc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dpdurst

I didn't want to open or install any software to check this just incase it weakened my rights to return it.

I wish they'd made it clearer on the website though... If they had, I'd probably have bought a new SD card off them at the same time - I guess they missed out on a bit of extra income!
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the PPC version but my Smartphone version came with a 128 Meg Mini-SD card...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: