Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Iffy new Brodit Active Holder for iPAQ hx47xx
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Iffy new Brodit Active Holder for iPAQ hx47xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Iffy new Brodit Active Holder for iPAQ hx47xx Reply with quote

I’ve received two Brodit Active Holders today, both for an iPAQ hx47xx, Brodit part number 968621. See picture:

When I tried the first one, the iPAQ would not slot fully into the holder as the plug wasn’t aligned correctly in the base of the holder. I have not tried the second one yet.

I unscrewed the backing plate on the power plug and found that the charger cable plug was back-to-front. I reversed it and the iPAQ then slotted fully into the holder.

However, the iPAQ still would not charge. I found that if I loosened that backing plate the charger cable plug would fit the iPAQ and start to charge it, but as soon as the backing plate was tightened, the iPAQ would stop getting charged.

I’ve had a number of passive and active Brodit holders for various iPAQs and this is the first that I’ve had a problem with. I’ve always found Brodit accessories to be of the highest quality and extremely well moulded.

Has anybody else had a problem with a Brodit Active Holder for iPAQ hx47xx?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saga continues …

Whilst I was waiting for a reply back from the retailer who sold me the Brodit mounts. I attached a Move Clip to the working Active mount and tried my hx4700 in it.

All worked well for a few short trips until I noticed that there was a slight electrical and burning smell in the car. Fortunately I was very close to my destination. When I stopped, I found that the active mount was no longer charging the hx4700.

I checked the fuse in the cigar plug and it looked OK. Fortunately I had an identical spare fuse (remember that the other active mount was not working but the cigar plug was). So I changed fuses and still it would not work.

This is a 100% failure rate for Brodit. The working active mount literally only lasted for a maximum of 1½ hours of driving. I have never had any problems with other Brodit mounts or accessories.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: