Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion navigator 4.2 Help & maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion navigator 4.2 Help & maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostIan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Medion navigator 4.2 Help & maps Reply with quote

Hi, Iam new to this and new to GPS I have a XDAIIi which I have brought a copy of Medion Navigator 4.2 from e-bay and have this working using a wired GPS unit. it works great and for the cost :D . I would like to add the speed cameras to it and hoped that someone here can help Question .I have used the database before on a laptop with a GPS unit but this wasn't workable on your own as no voice on Autoroute 2004 Crying or Very sad. If any one can help me with this it would be very helpful.

The other thing is does anyone know were I can get/buy other maps for this as I could do with most of Europe.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ian

On a PDA running Medion Navigator 4.2 you have to use a program called POI-Warner to display add-on poi's like the Safety Camera ones, but I don't know if you can use that program with your setup, it would be best to contact POI_Warner and ask them.

http://www.navigating.de/Kontakt_en/index.htm

There is a charge of about 30 Euros for the program, but I don't know of any freeware program that works with Medion/Navigon Navigator that is free.
bigbob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing is does anyone know were I can get/buy other maps for this as I could do with most of Europe.

Hi Ian re Europe coverage you should have 4 CD's with all of western Europe on with the 4.2 version this includes France,Spain,Portugal,Benelux,Germany,Switzerland&Austria,Italy,Scandinavia and the U.K the only countries it does not have unfortunatly is eastern Europe i.e Slovenia,Slovakia,Czech Republic,Poland etc. The detail in the European mapping is very good right down to street level in fact about 10 times better than autoroute. There are a few posts re POI Warner on the Mitac/Medion forum. If you want other maps for your PDA then any pocket PC maps should do i.e TomTom etc although I might add after seeing TomTom 3 working on my friends PDA its not worth spending more compared with what you already have. TomTom is a good system and I am not slaging it, its just not £100 better.
LostIan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for this I have sent a e-mail to see if they have a uk demo as my german not very good. As for maps I brought this through e-bay and it was a pre-loaded mmc card but does seam to have europe on so not to bad.

A new question I want to add a 1GB SD card for work files can I just copy the current card to a new card via a pc or would I just have to copy the map files???????????
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostIan wrote:
A new question I want to add a 1GB SD card for work files can I just copy the current card to a new card via a pc or would I just have to copy the map files ?

You normally copy the whole contents of your old card to your main pc then copy from your main pc to the new card.
LostIan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all this help but I need more sorry, I have now brought and loaded POI-Warner but can't get it to see the now added OV2 files. any ideas?????????????? Question
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostIan wrote:
Thanks for all this help but I need more sorry, I have now brought and loaded POI-Warner but can't get it to see the now added OV2 files. any ideas?

Ian, click the link at the bottom of my post, then follow the guide, ignoring the POI-Warner section as you now have it.

You have to convert the .ov2 files, the guide will show you how.
Roy124
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't convert any files at all. I simply have POI Warner on the PDA, it is set to poiwarner.com I select all the poi I want and it does the rest. Takes a couple of minutes at each synch.

You can then add your own POI dynamically and also set POI for delete.

The only gotcha is you must do a soft reset after each synch.
konnymgf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

I too have Navigator 4.2 and run POI Warner alongside it. It really is quite excellent and the ability to add POI's when you come across new ones e.g. speed cameras is very useful. I don't have to soft reset after synching but maybe I'm just lucky.

Can I ask if anyone knows if there are any upgrades available for 4.2? My discs show the source as Teleatlas but there's nothing on the discs, or the actual programme when it's running, to check for updates.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: