Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sysonchip Bluetooth problems with iPaq and PPC2002
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sysonchip Bluetooth problems with iPaq and PPC2002

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baggaa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Sysonchip Bluetooth problems with iPaq and PPC2002 Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone can help.. I have just taken delievry of a new Sysonchip bluetooth GPS and am trying to install it with TT3. I have installed everything but cannot get TT to recognise the GPS device. The two units seem to connect with the blue toothmanager, TT is set to Sysonchip bluetooth serial but nothing!
baggaa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Bluetooth Sysonchip with iPAQ 3970 and TomTom3 Reply with quote

just thought I would keep you all updated with my problems. I have no idea how and why but after two days of trying to get the two units to communicate they have just started, humm... I have no idea how and why

Anyhow, now that they are I have had an opportunity to use the new navigation and have following observations

SysonChip
1) The SysonChip BT GPS certainy fixes very quickly, much quicker than my previous Navman device, and holds onto many more satellites.
2) I am still working on the original charge which has lasted 5 hours so far
3) The GPS is not quite as sensitive as Dave had indicated in his review, after which I ws expecting to be able to place the GPS by the gear stick in the car. Not possible it loses its fixes. Works great on the dash, although I now have to work out a way of keeping it there without mullering the great Volvo dashboard
4) I am still having problems in that if I switch of the iPaq I always have to perform a reset for establishing contact with the GPS
TomTom3
1) This is an eye opener after my Navman software. It seems so much intuitive as an interface. With some really good points and some iffy routing decisions
2) I like the way that all the A roads are described with the A suffix and actual name, which I hated in Navman
3) I like the way you can have an ETA in time and miles
4) The UK post search addin by Neils Thomsen works brilliantly, will be sending him an update

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: