Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3/XAdIIi & BT GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3/XAdIIi & BT GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterbutler19
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: TT3/XAdIIi & BT GPS Reply with quote

All
has anybody managed to configure the TT3 navigator and bluetooth GPS to work with the new XDaIIi at all? I've been trying most of the day,
I can get the BT manager in the XDA to pair with the GPS unit.
I can tell get the XDA to communicate with the gps I think???

I cant get a signal between the GPS and TT3, hence useless!!
In my XDA BT manager I can see that the GPS is active on an outgoing connection, is this right?

Also the connection between the xda and the gps is only active for about 2 minutes at a time??? thoughts..

I thought it would have been an inbound connection, but that may be just me!
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the gps screen uncheck the blue box then select tomtom wireless gps and the com port should be bluetooth gps
also make sure the ir beam is off in connentions > beams and uncheck the box
if none of the above works install pocket bluetooth tools from the downloads area and that should do it youll needvto repair the receiver with xda for it to work

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
peterbutler19
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried the suggestions with no luck and I cant see BT tools in the download area. Can you advise where it is and what you think I need to do with it please?

Thanks

Peter Butler

NB I have two of the new xdaIIi's and I cant get this thing configured on either. I guess that means it's me but I just cant seem to work out what it is I should be doing!!
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Is TomTom Navigator 3 Compatible with XDAIIi??? Reply with quote

Hi there, I am fairly new to this PDA thing. I have an XDAIIi and have recently purchased TomTom Navigator 3 Bluetooth version which has not yet arrvied.

Are you saying that the software is not compatible with the XDAIIi??
On the TomTom website, the XDA and XDAIIs are compatible, why not the XDAIIi?
I have emailed tomtom directly and they said they havn't tested it, and I should keep checking for updates, is this true or is tomtom usless on the XDAIIi??

Also are there problems pairing the tomtom bluetooth gps with the XDAIIi? I take it you are using the TomTom Bluetooth GPS???

I would greatl appreciaite a reply from any of the moderators who know a great deal about this.
Warmest Regards,
lydiachris Embarassed
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tt3 runs fine on xda2i peter got going with his use tt wireless gps and com 6

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT!!! :D
So I hav't wasted my money after all.

What is this about Com port 6?? I thought Com 5 was used for Bluetooth connections or am I barking up the wrong tree???

So just to confirm things..

Just pair the TomTom Bluetooth GPS with the XDAIIi,
launch TomTom Nav 3 and your away!?!?

Is it best to pair the TomTom Bluetooth GPS BEFORE I install TTN3 then the 3.07 update!?

Would appreciaite a reply,
lydiachris

ps. what is this about on the tomtom website, with the XDAIIi running on windows mobile SE you've gotta install the software first then the maps on the storage card?!!? I dunno i'm confused.

"Attention! If you have a PDA using Windows Mobile SE (F.i. HP37xx, HP47xx) or an HP63xx Pocket PC please follow these instructions:
• Install the software provided on this CD first.
• Once completed, install only the map data provided on the other CD(s). To install the maps, insert the first (or only) CD and follow the on screen instructions. "
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's telling you to install GPS 3.07 and Navigator 3.07 from that CD, not to bother installing older versions of the software (which may cause problems on a WM2003SE device like your XDAIIi) - then to install the map or maps from the other CDs in your pack.

I've successfully installed Navigator 3 that way on a WM2003SE iPAQ hx4700.

David
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great!!! Thankyou very much for all the advise.

Another question, At the moment I have a 1GB MMC Card, would be worth while actually buying a 1GB SD Card as the read/write speeds are quicker, would this make a differnece to tomtom nav 3 in my XDAIIi when its calculating roots and actualy navigating!? I have read the card review that pocketgps wrote.

Should I 'pair' my tomtom bluetooth gps FIRST before installing the software!?

Is Com6 port correct??

I would greatly appreciate a reply,
Warmest Regards,
Keep up the good work,
Lets hope TomTom Nav 5 gets released soon!!!!
Lydiachris

Ps. This maybe a little off the point, but is there any good system tools for cleaning up PPC's, ie getting rid of 'junk' files?!!?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pairing the GPS first can only help - though GPS 3.07 is pretty robust. I'm pretty sure COM6: is the correct port for an XDA IIi.

An SD card should give you faster calculation speeds - MMCs are pretty slow.

Navigator 5, according to the Press Release, will be available in May. For now, enjoy Navigator 3.

David
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, just a silly question really...

Will CheckPOInt 3.2 work with XDAIIi and TomTom nav 3??
I looked on CheckPOInt's website and states support for only ttn2..

Please could someone confirm this, or has TTN3 got a built-in poi warning system like tomtom mobile!?

Cheers,
lydiachris Embarassed
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: GPRS Connection Setups... Reply with quote

Hi there, sorry to double post.

I was wondering if anybody knows how to set up a GPRS connection on an XDAIIi for receiving TomTom Traffic data, as I have just installed the 3.07T update. When my XDAIIi tries to connect with the tomtom server it says there is no settings created (or something to that similar effect)

I was wondering if anyone new, would greatly appreciaite a reply,
lydiachris Question
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: TomTom Nav3 Backlight... Reply with quote

HI there, sorry to triple post now Embarassed

I have sorted out the GPRS issue, for some unknown reason, when I got my XDAIIi brand new from o2 website, it did not have the Extended ROM installed for some reason and the o2 active+settings were not installed. Anyway have re-installed the ROM version off the o2 website and all is sorted now.

I do have another question though...
Is there any way in getting tomtom nav3 for XDAIIi version 3.07T to keep the backlight on when your using battery power!??!
Am I correct in thinking that if I purchased a car charger for my XDAIIi the backlight would stay on permanently!??!

Is there a missing option in the tomtom nav3 menus I am missing or something!/

I would greatly appreciaite a reply as soon as possible,
Warmest Regards,
LydiaChris :D
simonpearce
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff alix776!

That fixed it for me too!

Simon
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have reached a full conclusion and can report success!

Following some extensive testing with various installs and setups I can now finally explain what I think is causing this freeze /lockup.

Its the Phone! of all things!

Here is a summary of the testing setups bearing in mind nothing else was installed on the XDA2i other than default and the tom tom had GB Only Maps.

Active o2 installed (Personal) using 1gb SD card and phone on (FREEZE)
Active o2 not installed (Corporate) 1gb SD Card and Phone on (FREEZE)
Active o2 not installed (Corporate) 512mb SD Card and Phone on (FREEZE)
Active o2 not installed (Corporate) No SD Card, Tomtom using Memory of XDA2i and Phone on (FREEZE)
Active o2 not installed (Corporate) 1gb SD Card and Phone off (OK)
Active o2 not installed (Corporate) 512mb SD Card and Phone off (OK)

Well there you go, with all the setups that froze, the lockup took longer to happen with the smaller SD card, using the 1gb SD card it took approx 5miles of driving whereas the 512mb SD card I managed to drive 20miles.

Today, I drove 149 miles WITHOUT a single lockup using the 1gb SD card, POI installed and other Apps in the background running, all this because the phone was OFF. Wireless On! as I use Bluetooth GPS.

The reason people may be experiencing a lockup when using a Bluetooth Handsfree head set is because the phone is ON! I think anyway! its not becuase of the Bluetooth Headset.

I think the problem lies with the phone changing cells (changing masts) when you drive, thats why the freeze occurs at various points when you drive. I don't think it is nessecarly due to loss of signal as the phone seemed have a signal when I had a lockup. The masts change must be the problem, changing from one mast with a good signal to another with a good signal!

Anyway Yippee I have found out the cause, hope its the same for you guys too.

One point I must add, I found that using the 1gb SD card the XDA2i runs slower and can cause you to experience problems loading the maps or installing tomtom maps onto it without deleting the partnership in ActiveSync. I am downgrading my SD card to my new 512mb card as it runs smoother and seems to cause less problems for Tomtom.

Any one with other suggestions please post, Knowing my luck it will freeze tomorrow with the phone off, I think that 149miles is pretty conclusive though, especial as it froze again when I turned it on again.
lydiachris
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have reached a full conclusion and can report success!

Following some extensive testing with various installs and setups I can now finally explain what I think is causing this freeze /lockup.

Its the Phone! of all things!

Here is a summary of the testing setups bearing in mind nothing else was installed on the XDA2i other than default and the tom tom had GB Only Maps.

Active o2 installed (Personal) using 1gb SD card and phone on (FREEZE)
Active o2 not installed (Corporate) 1gb SD Card and Phone on (FREEZE)
Active o2 not installed (Corporate) 512mb SD Card and Phone on (FREEZE)
Active o2 not installed (Corporate) No SD Card, Tomtom using Memory of XDA2i and Phone on (FREEZE)
Active o2 not installed (Corporate) 1gb SD Card and Phone off (OK)
Active o2 not installed (Corporate) 512mb SD Card and Phone off (OK)

Well there you go, with all the setups that froze, the lockup took longer to happen with the smaller SD card, using the 1gb SD card it took approx 5miles of driving whereas the 512mb SD card I managed to drive 20miles.

Today, I drove 149 miles WITHOUT a single lockup using the 1gb SD card, POI installed and other Apps in the background running, all this because the phone was OFF. Wireless On! as I use Bluetooth GPS.

The reason people may be experiencing a lockup when using a Bluetooth Handsfree head set is because the phone is ON! I think anyway! its not becuase of the Bluetooth Headset.

I think the problem lies with the phone changing cells (changing masts) when you drive, thats why the freeze occurs at various points when you drive. I don't think it is nessecarly due to loss of signal as the phone seemed have a signal when I had a lockup. The masts change must be the problem, changing from one mast with a good signal to another with a good signal!

Anyway Yippee I have found out the cause, hope its the same for you guys too.

One point I must add, I found that using the 1gb SD card the XDA2i runs slower and can cause you to experience problems loading the maps or installing tomtom maps onto it without deleting the partnership in ActiveSync. I am downgrading my SD card to my new 512mb card as it runs smoother and seems to cause less problems for Tomtom.

Any one with other suggestions please post, Knowing my luck it will freeze tomorrow with the phone off, I think that 149miles is pretty conclusive though, especial as it froze again when I turned it on again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: