Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Need Help with TomTom Navigator 3 Routing Issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help with TomTom Navigator 3 Routing Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Need Help with TomTom Navigator 3 Routing Issues Reply with quote

Ok, I have TTN3 and things for the most part work very well. I have 2 issues.

1. When Exiting is there a way for the voice prompts to Say Exit North or South instead of just "Take Exit". I wish it would say "Take Exit North"
or whatever Direction. I always need to look down and review the Map.

2. For Whatever Reason the Routing Takes me on a round about to destinations. I wish to stay on the Freeways if I can. TTN3 seems to want to use the City Streets instead of the Freeways.
One instance
TTN3 had me drive parallel to the freeway for 6 miles. It would have been much faster to hop on and off the freeway, I even passed up a few onramps.
I Set my Speeds to Freeways 70mph and all other roads to 30. Still Didn't help. Do I need to Set Freeway to like 100 and Secondary Streets to 10 or something similar?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) No, not possible. TomTom works with prerecorded WAV (OGG) sounds and doesn't read street names, highway numbers, or general directions (north/south etc)

2) This may be due to the map data. It may simply not know that this is a freeway, and thinks the roads are equal. So you can tweak the road speed (which is the right approach) but it may not have an effect in this particular case.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
mur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a difference between the UK version and the US version?

I belive the the unit I bought (used) has the UK version
(waves in girls british acent, motorway instead of freeway)

I adjusted the road mphs,which works better, however now my time to destination is all screwed up.
One of the problems is it doesn't see Highway 85, 101 (Bay Area, California) as a Motorway, where it does say like I-280, I-880.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what version you have.

The latest official version for the US was 2.24. However, the version 3.07 als comes compiled with the US strings (Freeway, gas station, etc) so you could run the european v3 maps with the US UI, or, if you live in Europe, you could have v3.07, and buy the US maps v3.

This is all history now since v5 is about to be available for purchase, and it doesn't support the road speed tweaking any more.

nevertheless the logic is the same (ok, apart from the side of the street you are driving on) , only the UI changes.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: