Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help setting it up again
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help setting it up again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: help setting it up again Reply with quote

hi all!
i bought myself an xda2 set up with tomtom navigator 3 of ebay a couple of weeks ago and went for my first long trip with it at the weekend
it was going great warning me of all the cameras on-route etc but i stopped at the services came out and it had frozen up so i reset it and to my horror it had completely reset and no sign of tomtom all i could find was a exel camera database file and a file called great britain file on my storage card so i thought no problem, ive backed it up with active sync, i will be able to restore it all when i get home,
so i conected it to my desktop and it hasnt restored it, i never got the tomtom cd with it it was already loaded so now im trying to find the right files i need on shareeza, can anyone help with what i need to do

thanks

kev
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but if you don't own the software we can't help you.
kevob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, did i not own the software when i bought it? does it not register to the pocketpc that its setup on originally, does that mean ive got to buy it again? ahhhhh Crying or Very sad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, a copy of software merely installed on the device does not confer ownership of that software. You need the original CD and Installation Key to own the software.

If you bought a secondhand PC with XP and Office on it but no media or licence you would be in the same position.

The eBay seller has effectively sold you pirate software and I'm sure you understand why we cannot assist you as a result.

V5 will be available shortly and is well worth having as it adds PostCodes, new maps and more, you would be best advised to await its release. Because you do not own the previous version you are not entitled to a discounted upgrade (unless you can get the original CD and install key of the seller?).
kevob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks!
dam annoying but i understand what you are saying,and i think i may take your advise and buy v.5

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: