Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mapsonic V3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapsonic V3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barriek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Mapsonic V3 Reply with quote

Has anyone else found that if you reset the PDA all your saved favorites disappear ? Also, if you install additional POI's your saved favorites behave erratically i.e. only some display, adding new ones doesn't work etc ? Am I doing something wrong ?
Honda
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done soft resets using the stylus without losing any favourites. I have also installed the speed camera data base without any problems such as you are describing.
What Palm have you got and how much memory?
barriek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Soft Reset Reply with quote

I am using a Tungsten T2 with 32 Mb memory and a 256 Mb card. Have reinstalled the software now but haven't dared do a reset since (had no need so far !) All seems to work fine apart from that. The postcodes are a bit sparse though.
Honda
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also using a T2 and have about 18 Mb of memory left.
It took me sometime to work out that you are only required to put in the first part of the post code, ie WA3 and then on the next field you can identify the initial number in the second half.
However Navigation let me down the other day as it could not find WA3 and despite the postal address being Warrington, the place I wanted was actually, according to my trusty AtoZ inside the Wigan border. I found it by using town search!
If I am setting out from home I tend to look the destination up on Multimap or Goodle Maps and check that Navigation has found the right place. Which is where I think that MapSonic had the edge, you could search for a place and not immediately be taken into gps mode, hence check that you have the correct place. With Navigation you have, unless have missed something, to do a route plan to stay on the map view.
NeedGuidance
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone confirm that MapSonic v3 will work fine with Tungsten T?

A bit confused about mixed feedback from various sources.
Honda
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navigation should work with any Palm running OS5, but you need to be careful about the amount of free memory that you have. You need at least 10mb in the Palm for the programme to work. They don't officially support any Palms that are not listed on the ViaMichelin site. But my T2, which is not listed, works fine.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: