Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - COPILOT 5: AFTER-SALES SERVICE, USER ADVICE, etc.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

COPILOT 5: AFTER-SALES SERVICE, USER ADVICE, etc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: COPILOT 5: AFTER-SALES SERVICE, USER ADVICE, etc. Reply with quote

Some threads that were meant to be concerned with technical or practical solutions have become perhaps a little overloaded with concerns about the approach of ALK or other expert respondents when faced with Copilot 5 users' concerns. I thought this separate, dedicated, thread might be a better place to air those concerns where possible.
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admirable idea but rather pointless I feel. ALK have had the best part of a year to respond to the various issues raised on this site, and by phone for those of us that have been able to speak to Tech support.
So far nothing has been done other than promises that we are looking in to it. Fortunately I was using TomTom before I bought CP5 so was easily able to switch back. Even if they release a new version there is no guarantee that the bugs/poor coding is going to be fixed.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xda, you are right about the deplorable response of ALK. In fact, it is proving very difficult to separate discussion of the many faults in Copilot 5 from discussion of ALK's failure to treat its product users responsibly and courteously, as can be seen on the thread entitled COPILOT 5 UK ROUTING.
melb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: CoPilot is crap! Reply with quote

I couldn't get the programme to work & after 2 email replies their US site told me the could no longer help me. The UK/EU site totally ignored me...
Alk were more than prepared to take my money and leave me with something that didn't work!

The issue was finally resolved by 'Daren' on this site.

I have quickly switched back to my Medion Navigator which does the job without any fuss or nonsense.

Something needs to be done about this company.

Mel.
NB: this is a shortened version of my feelings about Alk & Copilot

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: