Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Mobile 5 and Multiple Phones / Memory Cards
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Mobile 5 and Multiple Phones / Memory Cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swampylee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: New Mobile 5 and Multiple Phones / Memory Cards Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm a current original TTM user running on a Nokia 6600. I plan to upgrade to TTM 5 and have some questions about using the new software on multiple phones. I have just organised an upgrade (for my wife) to a Nokia 6630 so that we can both use TTM. In the past if she needed the GPS we had to swap phones which was a pain. However, with TomTom having changed their secruity checks I'm now worried that even though we will both have compatible phones (and the original TTM GPS unit) I won't be able to install it on both phones.

Of course, only one person will be able to use the software at any one time as we only have the original GPS unit so I don't think we would be breaking any of the Terms & Conditions.

So on to my questions:

1. Will I be able to install the new software on both my 6600 and the new 6630?
2. If not, is it feasible for me to continue using the original software on the 6600 and ask for an upgrade for the 6630?
3. How will having the software installed twice effect our ability to use TomTom Traffic / TomTom PLUS?
4. If I can't get an upgrade for the 6630 is it possible to order the upgrade for the 6600 and then copy the software to a Dual-Voltage RSMMC card for use on the 6630?
5. If there's no way to get the new version 5 software working on both phones will the original software work on the 6630?
6. Is it illegal to do what I'm asking? As previously the software would only work with the original TT GPS unit I felt fine about potentially using it in this way.

From what I can tell there are numerous permutations here so I'm very interested in everyones thoughts on how I can ultimately get both my current 6600 (or possibly another 6630 if that makes it easier) and my wifes new 6630 to work without having to purchase another GPS unit and software.

Please help.

Many thanks in advance,
-Lee
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. TomTom activation policy permits you to activate the program on a second device provided at least seven days have passed from the first activation. Legally however you will not be permitted to use the software on both devices a the same time.
2. This is certainly an option, but you'll have the same legal issues, and will not be able to benefit from the updated (at least so we hope) maps.
3. Technically not an issue, legally questionable
4. You can copy the software over but then it will ask you for a new activation.
5. yes
6. if you just get an upgrade then it's illegal. If you buy a new complete version of TTM5 then it's not.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: