Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What's my next hardware choice?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What's my next hardware choice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baronbuzby69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: What's my next hardware choice? Reply with quote

I currently own an IPAQ 4150 running TTN3 and will upgrade to v5 when I can. I use a holux CR100 cradle/GPS solution, and it all works well. I use my PDA as a filofax and for wifi when a hotspot is available. I lso use it in the car as an MP3 player. My question is I want to upgrade my PDA preferably to one that is also GSM and GPRS, so I can pick up my emails, and check on my Ebay without having to drink coffee at a "hotspot". What's the best bet?? I still want to run TTN on pocket PC, because I believe that is user friendly and customizable, and I don't want to compromise too much on size. I notice a new i-mate is due out, is this just an XDA2?? Do I have to ditch my Hloux setup? Can you buy new adaptors seperatley? Don't want to use a BT GPS because of power supply issues. I pick up my new Avensis in a fortnight (model without GPS) and I want to make the best choice.

Over to you!

PS Is this the right forum?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you ill need a new cr100 for the xda but if you use a bluetooth phone you can still pik up your emails and such

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Meester-Martinho
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What's my next hardware choice? Reply with quote

i-Mates, xda, mda, and spv are all the sames units

holux dont do adaptors for your cradle but you can get an imate version of it
the phone and the speakers can sometimes cause interference but if you flick out the connector or use bluetooth when you get a call you get passed this

baronbuzby69 wrote:
I currently own an IPAQ 4150 running TTN3 and will upgrade to v5 when I can. I use a holux CR100 cradle/GPS solution, and it all works well. I use my PDA as a filofax and for wifi when a hotspot is available. I lso use it in the car as an MP3 player. My question is I want to upgrade my PDA preferably to one that is also GSM and GPRS, so I can pick up my emails, and check on my Ebay without having to drink coffee at a "hotspot". What's the best bet?? I still want to run TTN on pocket PC, because I believe that is user friendly and customizable, and I don't want to compromise too much on size. I notice a new i-mate is due out, is this just an XDA2?? Do I have to ditch my Hloux setup? Can you buy new adaptors seperatley? Don't want to use a BT GPS because of power supply issues. I pick up my new Avensis in a fortnight (model without GPS) and I want to make the best choice.

Over to you!

PS Is this the right forum?
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an unlocked XDA2s for sale complete with car kit & GPS mouse. May in interested in doing a deal with your 4150. PM me if you want to discuss further.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: