Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Postcode Overlay
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Postcode Overlay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
floydzon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Postcode Overlay Reply with quote

Could anybody tell me if there is a postcode overlay for TT3 ukmap showing the areas like the phone code one!
Cedders2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Postcode Overlay Reply with quote

I also need this quite urgently. if anybody can help please.

Thanks
soweezy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try www.mumsaway.talktalk.net/files/

Garmin Zumo 390LM
Cedders2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Post codes and sound files Reply with quote

SoWeezy,

You are a STAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much.....I am busy downloading and will install later this evening.

Regards

Cedders
floydzon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx loads soweezy
Cedders2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Post codes Reply with quote

I have downloaded all the files and post codes but there are no instructions. Have tried to run the setup file on my desktop but it says " Could not locate Active Sync applications manager". Active sync is running and I am exploring my PDA quites successfully. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
floydzon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have the digicode one thanx all the same soweezy dont think I put the right info down what i ment was a poi for the different areas to show when going from one to another like the std code poi thanx all the same though!
soweezy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copied from another thread...

Step One
First of all you need to download and unzip the release into a temporary location. The full package is a large download (11.5MB) which includes the initial release of the database, so be patient if your link is slow.

The zip file contains five files: ukpostcode.dat which is the database, ukpostcode.exe which is the application used for the look-up, setup.exe which installs the TomTom hook, TTNControl.ini which controls the install, and TTNControl.arm.CAB which is the actual interface to TTN.

Step Two
Place your PocketPC in the cradle and connect to the PC using ActiveSync.

Step Three
Note that if you've already got CheckPOInt installed you don't need to complete this step. CheckPOInt will already have installed the necessary TTN support files. Simply carry on from step four.

Use Windows Explorer to copy the 'TTNControl.arm.cab' file to the 'My Documents' folder on your PPC. Then, using File Explorer on the PPC, locate this .cab file and double tap to install it. The .cab file will self delete following installation.

Step Four
Use Windows Explorer to browse your PocketPC. Locate your storage card, create a folder called 'ukpostcode' on the storage card and copy ukpostcode.exe and ukpostcode.dat to it. It is important that the .exe file is in the same folder on the PocketPC as the .dat file, or it won't work.

Finally, create a shortcut to ukpostcode.exe and drag it to the "Windows\Start Menu\Programs" folder on the PocketPC (don't drop it in \windows\programs - it won't appear anywhere). This allows you to use the usual PocketPC method to attach ukpostcode to one of your hardware keys, or make it appear in your main menu. Having it hooked to one of the hardware keys is a particularly convenient way of accessing the program when TomTom is running.

Using the program
Simply start the ukpostcode program using the shortcut you created in step four above, from your start menu. Type in a postcode and click on either "Show on map" or "Navigate to", as appropriate. If all is well, TTN should automatically pop up in either map mode or navigator mode.

HTH

Garmin Zumo 390LM
Cedders2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Soweezy. Everything worked first time !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: