Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Qubit pda sound amplifier
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Qubit pda sound amplifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nighthawk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Qubit pda sound amplifier Reply with quote

I'm looking for a price and some opinions on this set up, it's reviewed on the main site but doesn't have a price Crying or Very sad

My problem is.......

I use an ipaq 2210 with tom tom 3, this sits in a universal windscreen mounted cradle.
The GPS mouse is a royaltek item which I originally bought for use with my laptop, so i wanted to keep it and use it with the ipaq.

Because of the royaltek i needed to use a Y lead which powers both the mouse and the pda, this set up means i can't just drop it all and go with the much simpler all singing and dancing powered cradle Sad

I use the set up in various vehicles, including a transit van, so I find that te 2210 sounds a little quiet.

Can anyone throw any light on this or have you addressed a similar issue?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qubit had problems appointing a UK supplier and to my knowledge they still haven't. Carcomm showed a similar solution at CeBit that also hooked into their cradles. Carcomm sell through TotalPDA in the UK, you may want to email Carcommand ask when they'll be available.

Alternatively, Brodit do an amplified cradle that has the facility to plug in a GPS Mouse, it comes with a PS/2 interface but adapters are available for RJ11, Haicom etc.
nighthawk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't know what connector is on the royaltek GPS mouse Sad

I originally ordered it with a USB end to use with my laptop, but then when i bought the power lead i just took off the usb end.

maybe i'd be able to get an adapter lead from brodit's chosen connector ->royaltek saphire

Thanks for the reply i'm off to check out brodit.
gadgetmug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a go at copying the wav files and increasing the volume with software. It worked for me. Got the idea from another thread re poi warner.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: