Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CONFUSED (Potential) new user
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CONFUSED (Potential) new user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: CONFUSED (Potential) new user Reply with quote

Hope you can help.

I am not a PDA user, nor have I used GPS. I am interested in buying a PDA on which I will use the basic functions of calender, word etc. I would want GPS (TomTom, not sure what else) and 60%+ use would be the navigation software. Ideally I would like to synchronise with work info and have wireless option.

Naturally I would like to spend as little as possible and have seen GPS PDA's advertised (from links on this site) from £249 + VAT. My concern is whether this spec will handle GPS and other PDA functions - will it all be useable. Looking at these forums (which look excellent) a whole host of other questions have been raised in my mind about any restrictions, additional costs etc

Could anyone help with there experiences or provide advice on the best way of getting an appropriate PDA for the best price (some sites appear to offer refurbished PDA's, this also appears a good option - again, advice appreciated if this is something to stear clear of)

Thanks in advance
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Windows PocketPC's have the same core operating system and basic PocketPC applications such as Pocket Word, Excel, Inbox, Internet Explorer etc so they will all provide connectivity to sync with your work PC etc.

However you will need to decide what connectivity you require, be it Bluetooth, Wireless etc as this will be a factor in choosing your ideal PocketPC. The basic PDA's you have seen will possibly not have Bluetooth and almost certianly not have wireless.
SJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checkout Expansys - It's a great site for seeing what's available. Their prices are quite competitive as well.

http://www.expansys.com/d_pocketpc.asp

SJ
krb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for your help.

Will check out the website and think more about connection etc

When I get sorted, I will post what kit I get

Kevin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: