Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP! Is my SD card too big?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! Is my SD card too big?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJSinn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: HELP! Is my SD card too big? Reply with quote

I'm currently trying to get all my TT3 european maps onto my iPaq (2210), I had a 515MB CF card which loaded up france and germany OK, but when I start to put maps onto my 1GB SD card it locks up after a number of maps are loaded (the first couple of maps work).

I can't then see anything on the SD card and the iPAQ locks up in file explorer. I sent the first card back (bytestor), but the same thing has happened with my replacement (kingston). The card is visible, with all directories on if i stick it into my camera and view, but even if i delete the last map file loaded, it still locks up the ipaq and I can't get to the files that work.

Is there a problem with the size of the SD card?

Will a 1 GB cf card have this problem, I have a 512mb sd card, do you think this will work?

Any help would be most appreciated - I'm getting a bit frantic as i'm off to Europe in a week.

Cheers

Chris
flyguy26e
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: SD card to big? Reply with quote

I don't think it's the size of the card. I've a 1 GB SD card in my 2215 which works fine with the maps for TT Navigator 2004 USA. It has four maps totalling over 300 mb, plus TT itself. No problems during the two months I've used it.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Are you using a Bluetooth GPS receiver with your 2210? Some 2210/2215s have a problem with SD cards when using a BT GPS receiver.

I once tried an old 256MB SD in my 2210 and it didn’t work very well (the 256MB SD card worked OK in my 3970). I now use Kingston 1000MB CF cards in my 2210 and not had any problems.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
CJSinn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a wired Tom Tom receiver, and up untill now I've had no problems.

I've just bought a card reader and am in the process of loading the maps via that to see if it makes any difference - here's hoping.

It's just strange that the same thing should happen to both cards. Maybe I'm just unlucky Sad

Thanks for the help.

Chris
CJSinn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update.

The card reader is brilliant - so much faster and pain free! :D

Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the 1GB SD card Sad - still does not work no matter how it is loaded (ie from hard disc via card reader, from CD via iPAQ). When I changed to the 500MB card the maps loaded OK, (apart from, strangely enough, if I load Germany, Austria and Switzerland as one map - individually they are ok).

It's all a bit odd, but at least it is working - it's just a shame I'll have to switch cards occasionally - no big hassle, but I'm sure to lose one at some point!

The 1GB works fine in the camera Rolling Eyes

Chris
tcorkery
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Have you installed the SD softpaq fix for SD cards on ipaq 2210s? It is softpaq SP27102 available on the hp site.

It fixes a power drain problem on 2210s and certain SD cards as well as an SD initialisation problem.

Try it and see.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: