Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 510 New log file website!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 510 New log file website!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jekyll
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Navman 510 New log file website!!!! Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently purchased a Navman 510 and have been playing around with the log files that it can produce. I have written a jsp application to upload the data and give a basic breakdown of the data. You can link from the GPS coordinates to Multimap and see exactly where you were at a particular time. If you were travelling in the uk you can also get a picture!!!

You can also find out exactly where you were when travelling your fastest, or at the heighest altitude.

If you want to try it out and give me some feedback log in here....

http://jekylltest.s2.eatj.com/myStuff/

You will need to set up a new account, it is pretty self explanatory.

Once logged in click on "Add your Data". This will bring up a very basic upload screen. Select your log file (I don't advise trying anything over 2mb) and click upload. This will take some time, about 4 mins / mb. To reduce the size of the file, simply open the log file and select a portion and save it as a different file.

As I said this is new software so there will be bugs. If you get an error while uploading, it will give you an error message. Within that error message will be a line starting something like... "$GPRMC". This is the line in the file that the software is having trouble with. Remove it and try again.

If you get any other errors, or annoying repetitive errors please copy the error message and send it to me at richard.w.hall@gmail.com. Please put "<GPS Project>" in the email title.

One last note, I dont have a great deal of webspace so I will periodically delete the GPS data. I will keep user details.

I hope you enjoy trying out this site. If you have any comments or suggestions please mail me at richard.w.hall@gmail.com, putting "<GPS Project>" in the email title.

Have fun :-)
jekyll
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a short note. The server I am running on is not monitored, so when it falls down I need to bring it back up. If it has fallen over, please mail me at the address metioned in the earlier mail.
jekyll
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've set up a test user login for you to see. As I said before there is not much to it, but maybe if you take a look and make some suggestions I will add them :-)

user = test

password = test

If the site is down I apologise. It is a free unmonitored service I am using for the time being. It's the only free jsp host I could find. Mail me if you want me to restart it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: