Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help! with "TomTom Go SD card" Please!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! with "TomTom Go SD card" Please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mobilediscos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Help! with "TomTom Go SD card" Please! Reply with quote

Hi, Just got a tomtom go and noticed its only a 128 sd card thats with it, I have been able to load extra POI "asda" and "tesco" ect but card is nearly full so I have bought a 1GB sd card, PROBLEM IS WHEN I SWITCH ON WTH NEW CARD THE SCREEN ASKS ME TO REMOVE IT! I HAVE TRYED A 256 AND A 512MB CARD WITH THE SAME RESULT, Impossible to find TomTom phone number! so here I'am some 24hours later, ready to jump-off a Bridge!
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE SCREEN COULD NOT POSSIBLY ASK YOU TO REMOVE THE CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will only indicate that it cannot find anything useful on it ;-)

Anyway, you should connect you TTG via USB port to your computer first and then switch it on. Then install the application and maps from the CD which came with your TTG.

You don't even have to buy a new SD to install the POI databases, it is enough to remove all them foreign voices.
mobilediscos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: tomtom go Reply with quote

You are right it does not tell me in words to remove the card, but shows it as a mini movie like the one that you get when you switch on the ttg without a card it will show you in pictures to place the card in slot. I'am getting the opposite to that, it shows a card being removed and then a Big RED CROSS being drawn over the card.

I have connected via USB, I have downloaded from tomtom.com V4.42 TO DESK TOP then on to new card, I have tryed using the disk back-up on CD then on to new SD card.

Do you know of a phone number for tomtom? I can not even find an email link for help on the site.
StanStill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did remember to load the GB maps from the installation CD onto the card as well did you?
mobilediscos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: tomtom go Reply with quote

No, I just assumed that copy and pasting from oringial 128mb card to PC then back to new SD Card would move the maps too?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: tomtom go Reply with quote

mobilediscos wrote:
No, I just assumed that copy and pasting from oringial 128mb card to PC then back to new SD Card would move the maps too?

Only if you copied the entire contents of the SD card.

There is a phone number - try 0845 1610009

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mobilediscos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: tomtom Reply with quote

I don't know how to thank you, copy and pasting all files did not work but putting the maps on from the disc and then it told me to go to www.ttcode.com to get an activation code, I did! and IT WORKS!

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS FOR YOUR VALUBLE TIME, I'AM VERY GRATEFULL, GOD BLESS!

WILLIAM
mobilediscos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM GO Reply with quote

AM SORTED NOW THANKS

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: