Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mysterious crashes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mysterious crashes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennyL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Mysterious crashes Reply with quote

I'll just report this for what it's worth.

One of the problems I have with Mapsonic v1.3.2 on my Palm Tungsten T3 is that it very often crashes my Palm, usually when I am quitting Mapsonic. this is usually a fatal error requiring a soft reset and it happens more than 50% of the times that I usee Mapsonic.

I just spent nine days touring by car in Southern Spain and before I went I cut myself a nice Mapsonic map of the area of Spain I expected to visit. At the same time I cut myself a fresh map of Southern England to also include the airport I flew from. I was using Mapsonic at least twice per day for about eight days in Spain, and used my Palm for all the other uses I have for it, and it didn't crash once; it was a very positive experience of Mapsonic and the Palm. On my return at the airport I loaded the UK map, drove home, quit mapsonic and - crash!

I have no theory of why my old and my new UK maps crash my Palm, but the Spanish one does not.
jblackmore
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big are the map files ?

I'm guessing your UK map file is bigger than the spanish one, and thats the cause.

I found that mapfiles >80Mb caused Mapsonic on my Zire 32 to crash with memory faults halfway through navigation.

If you have one map which works fine, and another which causes the crash, first thing I would assume is mapsize is the cause !
DennyL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My initial UK map, which was the one I said crashed more than 50% of the time is 23,504Kb. My new UK map, which crashed the first time I used it is 45,134Kb. the Spanish map, which never crashed in eight days, was 53,121Kb.
jblackmore
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not map size then :-)

How are you exiting mapsonic ? I have not had any problems either using the exit option, or just hitting the application button for contacts, but have read of other people who have problems if they don't use the proper exit menu option ?

Failing that I am stumped, probably worth emailing ViaMichelin support, but it seems to take them about a week to respond to emails.

James.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: