Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Orange M2000 & Fortuna Clip on & Tom Tom Nav 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Orange M2000 & Fortuna Clip on & Tom Tom Nav 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarMuda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Orange M2000 & Fortuna Clip on & Tom Tom Nav 3 Reply with quote

Hello,

I purchased the Fortuna clip on back in january and used it with my Orange M1000 pda. Everything worked fine.

I have since got an M2000 and im having problems now with this setup.

The probem is that after 3-5 mins the PDA will switch itself off.
Then when i turn the PDA back on, Tom Tom has to re-calculate the route. Sometimes when i start it back up it loses the connection with the fortuna itself. I then have to pull over, and re-establish the connection. Other times it completely locks up and i have to reset the PDA (as you can imagine this is most annoying).

Ive had a PDA for many years so i know its not the auto shutdown feature or anything else that may caused it to shut down (like screen savers etc).

Im not sure if the problem lies with the bluetooth on the PDA, the power connection (the charger cable that came with the Fortuna) Although i have tried a few others, admitedly for the m1000 (all seems fine when i use just the battery), or if its pocket PC 2003 2nd edition.

I have had a replacement PDA sent out to me so i know its not the PDA itself and this new one is also having the same problem.

I have also installed GPS tuner too. I am also wondering if the drivers for this this is causing a conflict. (I do not run GPS tuner and Tom Tom at the same time)

I am using Tom tom Navigator 3, with checkpoint 3.2 on an orange m2000.
Operator version 5.311.1.24
Rom Version 1.31.00 WWE
My bluetooth versions are version 1.0.0 build 3500

Is there a problem with the M2000 using GPS ???

If any one has any tips i would geatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no m2000 specific issues that I'm aware of. Given the randomness of the issue I'd suggest a hard reset. Then install just TomTom, update to the latest release and test to see if the issues re-occur.
BarMuda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response.

I have had it running all night in the cradle at home getting its power from the mains and it has run all night without a problem.

I therefore suspect it may be the car power cables that i have used. Does anyone know if the M2000 requires a different power cable than standard ones ? I have tried 4 cables so far. One even has power adjustment settings on it which i matched to the plug itself and it still turns off. Another cable plugs into the cigarette lighter and onto this i have attached the mains converter that came with the m2000. this does not help either.

Anyone have any helpon this ?

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the m2000 indicate it is receiving power when running from the car's 12v system?

In TomTom have you configured the power slider in the GPS Applet? to prevent the m2000 from entering standby when TomTom is active?
BarMuda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your assistance on this.

The light on the M2000 turns orange to signal its being charged. I have checked the power settings and it says there that its charging, although sometimes it seems to depleet a little??? I have also changed the battery too to rule out a duff one.

And i have previously configured the sleepmode prevention within the GPS settings.

I noticed last time, that when it turned off, i left it (it was realy annoying me at that point) then within 3 mins it had turned itself back on again. I then reached my destination so couldnt test it more.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very odd! can'rt quite get my head around the symptoms. Do they only occurr when TomTom is active? What SD Card are you using?
BarMuda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use Tom tom in the car. But it does seem to power off even if i dont start tom tom (ie when im setting up the gps again etc)

I am using a 128 mb integral SD card.

I still have my M1000 and this works fine, so i am unsure what the problem is.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to give up on you but I haven't got a clue here! You might want to run this by the guys at www.xda-developers.com , lots of experience there, I'm not convinced this is a TomTom issue.
BarMuda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I will give it a try.

i have alos noticed i do no have the latest update. I had version 3.01 and have just found one (3.7) that relates to WM3003 r2.

I shall try this first and see if it cures it.

Thanks for your assistance Darren. I will let you know the outcome.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: