Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Dell Axim x50v and TomTom 2004
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Dell Axim x50v and TomTom 2004

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobpenn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Dell Axim x50v and TomTom 2004 Reply with quote

Whenever I quit TomTom 2004 USA, my Dell Axim x50v hangs and I need to soft reboot. If I turn off the power while the program is still running, I always need to go to the GPS options and reselect COM 7 Bluetooth port for it to see my Holux 231 again.

I wrote to TomTom and get an honest, but disappointing answer: they don't support the Dell x50 series! True, it's not listed on their web site, but I assumed that it was an oversite. Nope! And further, they basically told me not to use TomTom with it. There was no mention of hang in there, we're working on it, or it's in beta. Just, one day maybe we will support it, but no promises.

Really, Dell is a major manufacturer of PocketPCs. It really is in their interest to support it.

I will continue using TomTom. It's a pain, but I still like the program. Hopefully one day they will get it to work properly with the x50v.
pib007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: dell Reply with quote

I was told by Dell that the X50 is not compatible with TomTom tahts why i got the X30.
bobpenn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does work, it only hangs when you quit the application. Inside the app, all acts normally.

It's not perfect, but it is usable.
Mizio
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: X50v Reply with quote

Thanks for the report. I am planning on getting the X50v so this feedback is very valuable.

One question: how does the screen look while running TT 2004 in VGA mode? Higher resolution or is it the same?

Also, when you installed it, did TT 2004 recognize the X50v? The reason I am asking this is because when I tried to install it onto my Casio E125, TT2004 said that this was a non supported device. Perhaps, because it has a non-ARM processor.

Kind regards
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe TomTom have dropped support of non-ARM devices, though I'm not sure whether support of ARM based Pocket PC 2000 devices has remained.

TomTom Navigator 2004 runs at VGA resolution on my iPAQ hx4700. I've not tried it on a Dell X50v though - because I don't have an X50v!

David
bobpenn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your questions, there is a VGA today screen module. And the actual program looks fine in VGA. It installed with no problems at all. The only issue I see is quitting or powering off with the program running. Then you need to do a soft reboot. Otherwise, everything works perfectly.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: