Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Seidio Power cord - Frustrating! Second time around.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Seidio Power cord - Frustrating! Second time around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Seidio Power cord - Frustrating! Second time around. Reply with quote

This is the second time that Seidio's supplied cigarette power cord has failed. The first one that came w/ the package, the base itself (the part that plugs into the cig ligher- just fell apart). Seidio sent me a "improved" cable, well, after a few months- that too just recently failed-- this time, the plug that goes into the Seidio unit. Barely do i 'move' the cable that would cause it to 'fail' or loosen up it's connection. It just stopped sending power to the unit. Now i'm back to using the bulky- Y- connector from Socket's BT GPS receiver- which defeats the purpose of having a "neat appearance" of the Seidio unit.
I've read on another post that this seem very common- has Seidio realized this problem? and perhaps they've changed to a more sturdy power cable- and for crying out loud! I wish they'd stop providing the "coil" wires!.

Good concept, when its related parts works, but questionable quality. Its a pricey unit, but i wished they've provided more quality/durable parts w/ it. I had to buy ProClip finally to be able to mount it on my car securely. The suction base just plain useless after awhile. The vent mounts, only good for temporary solution. The swivel mount, although holding up, is now rattling on its based.

Can you tell i'm not a happy camper?

E.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: