Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - emtac bluetooth gps & mobile navigator 4.2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

emtac bluetooth gps & mobile navigator 4.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horstbaumann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: emtac bluetooth gps & mobile navigator 4.2 Reply with quote

I own an Emtac bluetooth gps, Toshiba e750BT and Mobile Navigator 4.2. This configuraton do not work. The communication between the gps and the Toshiba works (Fugawi 3 is running). I used the gpsmouse tool to test the Navigon Software with several sets of gps-sentences (RMC & GGA; VTG & GGA). The port number is okay (Fugawi is running and gpsmouse tool too). Any idea what is wrong? It may be helpfull if someone can send me "working" configuration files "spgs.ini" and "pref.ini".
Best regards
Horst
NeilM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had similar problems in the past with the EmTac and MN4.2 with iPAQ 5550 BT. Initial support from Navigon helped to get it basically going (although I still have ongoing issues with delay in the announcements). Main pointers are:

i) Navigon indicated that MN4 needs the VTG sentence to work. I think the combination is GGA & VTG - see the spgps.ini file.

ii) However, I found that my EmTac would lock-up if I set GSV or RMC to zero - the only way I can get it to work at the moment is to set it to provide GGA+GSA+RMC+VTG plus GSV on a per 5-second basis. Set up using CRUX view. This works but I suspect that the resulting load on the PDA with MN4 is then slowing-down the map/announcement updates.

I intend to do some trials shortly with a wired GPS to check whether the problem is limited to the EmTac and/or Bluetooth.

Hope this helps.
horstbaumann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks NeilM,
I have tried your settings for Emtac bluetooth gps and Navigon mobile navigator. Did not work. To Navigon "Support" - These people replayed to my question: No comment to receivers from other companies. Ithink thats no support! Evil or Very Mad
Best regards
Horst
horstbaumann
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo NeilM,
I have tried to redirect the COM6: to virtual COM4: with GPSGate. Now Navigon is running. Smile One strange thing remains: every 5 seconds the GPS status indicator is changing from red to green to red... Exclamation
Thanks for your help Laughing
Best regards
Horst

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: